MY04 SL PPP - anyone got one?

Search this Thread

Old 05 April 2004, 03:20 PM
eliot
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question MY04 SL PPP - anyone got one?

Hi guys
Just about to order the above and wanted to know if anyone has got one and what they think of it

All help and opinions appreciated

thanks

eliot
Old 05 April 2004, 03:30 PM
AR
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by eliot
Hi guys
Just about to order the above and wanted to know if anyone has got one and what they think of it

All help and opinions appreciated

thanks

eliot
Got the 03 wagon so no real difference. Heated seats and leather great. Sunroof eats into the headroom which is ok from the driver's seat as you can lower it but not great from the passenger seat as the height of it is fixed.

PPP well worth it. I had the 18" wheel upgrade from the off (better dealer offer on the 17" wheels if unused) as on the test drive I had the 17" wheels chirping. Have fitted the Prodrive Springs which helps the cornering with little degregation to the ride. Its still too soft though! Overall a car to be recommended. Am only likely to consider selling it when the V6 A3 Avant's come out!
Old 07 April 2004, 11:29 AM
Rewolf
Scooby Regular

Yep,

I got one in WR Blue with quickshift, had it since Thursday, but I've been in Toulouse for the last couple of days, and I'm still on the first full tank. Still trying to keep below 4000 rpm, but not always succeeding

It's very nice - warm bum within a few seconds of starting, and yes the headroom is a bit low, but the with the sunroof open (tilt) you have a good way of telling when you are speeding in a 60 limit - below 60 it's quiet, over 60 the sunroof really whistles. But thats OK because the exhaust is always making itself known too.

I'm still getting used to the fact that the car does exactly what you ask it to do immediately. This means you have to be very careful about what you do - don't rest you hands on the wheel, as when you take your left hand off to change gear the car goes right.

With PPP the torque is nice (peak tourque at only 3000) but this means that you just think about going faster, and you have unconciously pushed the right foot down a fraction of an inch, check speedo - how did I get to 95?

Nothing bad to say about it at all, it will just take a little while to get used to the instant response you get.