Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scooby stolen at gunpoint in wolverhampton!

Search this Thread

Old 03 April 2004, 03:20 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scooby stolen at gunpoint in wolverhampton!

Anybody read the express & star newspaper from wolverhampton, about a bloke who was held at gunpoint in his own house to hand over the keys to his new scooby. The paper also said that the armed robbers abandoned the car when they was spotted by police. The only downside is that the armed robbers got away, but the car is being examined for forensic evidence, lets just hope they catch these thieving scumbags before the strike again.
Old 03 April 2004, 03:22 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

eek thats a bit close
Old 03 April 2004, 06:10 PM
BedHog
Scooby Regular

Way too close
Old 03 April 2004, 06:12 PM
dave/jod
Scooby Newbie

Last edited by dave/jod; 03 April 2004 at 06:18 PM.
Old 03 April 2004, 06:15 PM
BedHog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dave/jod
IT'S THE NEW WAY OF STEALING CARS, MATE OF A MATE HAS HIS KEYS NICKED OUT HIS HOUSE AND EVO6 STOLEN FROM OUTSIDE, TRACKER IS THEN USELESS UNTIL IT'S REPORTED, IN THIS CASE NEXT MORNING, TOO LATE THEN. CAR WAS NEVER SEEN AGAIN
We all appreciate that, it's the guns that are worrying. Especially when you have a family.

A Merc was held up at gunpoint last week somewhere close too - missus heard it on the radio but forgot most the details lol
Old 03 April 2004, 06:21 PM
DreXeL
Scooby Regular

Angry

How far we these pondlife scum of the earth go? This **** is really beginning to p1ss me off. The ******* need thier ******* hands cutting off
Old 03 April 2004, 08:34 PM
PaulT68
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

A collegue of my wife had is Jag stolen at gun point on Monday evening, They forced there way into his house attacked him and his wife and stole personnel possetions and the keys to her Porche that was i n the garage.

That was in Edgbaston - Birmingham.
Old 03 April 2004, 08:38 PM
BigRed
Scooby Regular

Nothing is worth your life, is it? I'd sooner give the scum bags my keys than get an early funeral. It's about time the cop's caught up with the REAL criminals than pick on the motorist's for doing 5mph over the speed limit.
Old 03 April 2004, 08:43 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

I, for one, would vote for a party that started taking a hard line with these 4rseholes!!

Hanging anyone who steals with violence OR armed with a gun should be the standard penalty!!

The Police KNOW who the scum of the country are, they have been in trouble since they were able to walk, we shouldn't wait till they get caught - we should remove them from society NOW - just kill the lot of them! (They only go on to breed - and each one produces another 8 of the little *****!)

Rant over - back to the closet!

Pete
Old 03 April 2004, 08:58 PM
BigRed
Scooby Regular

Totally AGREE Pete. Hung - Drawn & Quartered OR put them in the stocks in the town square so we can all go and **** & **** on them or kick the **** out of them , that would really sort these ***** out.

Or same as my late Grandad used to say ' put them in the army ,that'll straighten 'em out'. Lets see how they handle having bullets passing there heads for a few weeks.
Old 03 April 2004, 10:16 PM
Keigo
Scooby Regular

I totally agree! I've been carjacked at the end of January, and the police just didn't seem to care. Got the car back in a mess, minus ECU. The costs did hurt, but nowadays, I look both ways before I get in my car, and am always on the lookout for these scums. Not right, is it?

I think we should start a petition to get the police to realise their real duty - to PROTECT and to SERVE. Get the police to stop wasting so much of their resources on motoring offences, and actually do their job.

What is more frustrating is when they get caught, they get a slap on their wrist, or maybe end up spending a few months in a nice, cozey prision cell with 3 meals a day, access to TV, radio, etc, when they have just traumatised someone for the rest of their lives, breaking into their homes or cars while they are in it. They have no remorse, no regrets, and they will strike again as soon as they get back out.

Now here's the point where I disagree. They shouldn't be killed. That's not suffering. I think the government should make them work - I mean real hard labouring, chained by the necks, with no rights to anything. The government complain that there isn't enough money to accommodate for all prisoners. Well, here's an idea. Make them pay for themselves. That way, they suffer, they pay for their own prison service, and the funds stop coming out of our pockets And most importantly, once they are through with it, they should come out reformed. If they haven't, at least they won't want to go back in there again, EVER! Deterrence is the way to prevend crimes, not just punishment.

Sorry about the long rant, but I had lots to think about since my incident.
Old 03 April 2004, 11:09 PM
judgejules
Scooby Regular

Oh don’t get me started on this. I read in the news this week that they're thinking of giving internet access to prisoners to aid their integration back into society...

This country is a f**king joke.

I was woken the other night by my back gate banging, and I actually heard myself say "f**k me this is it". Within about 10 seconds I was out of bed and armed with a 6" screw driver in each hand! I was ****ting bricks and my heart was in my mouth but luckily it was just the wind (well I hope it was the wind and wasn’t someone scouting my place and leaving the back gate open)... I'd be willing to do serious damage to someone who came into my house with the purpose of doing me harm to obtain stuff for free. Trust me, they wouldn’t be able to get to me without me knowing either and I know the layout of my house better than them so I'd have the drop on anyone that comes in. It boils my blood to even think about this. Why should I do hard graft to get things I like only to have some pond scum to even think they can have it for free? It’s not just because we’ve got material positions either, what about the old and week that are preyed upon for a few quid?

We shouldn’t live like this ffs. Sod rehab, prison should be a living hell so they'd never think about another crime as they'd be in fear of going back. Chain gangs, make em work for the country, get us back into the running instead of outsourcing everything to cheaper labour elsewhere in the world... When they are fit for release (if ever, life should mean life...) they should be tagged for life and put into a lower class in society. They've had their chance at going good and they've wasted it for a life of crime. F**k em.

GRRRRR

Yes, I pretty much live in fear of things like this. My house is always locked when I’m here, as is my car when I'm out and about. I always look around as I'm walking to my car. In fact, life f'in sucks...

Maybe it’s because I'm not in that mind set. I cant imaging what goes through these people’s heads when they're outside someone’s house looking, waiting, to go in. They can’t have any feelings, or a soul, their heart must be black and cold. Do they ever sit and think about the destruction and harm they cause when they do this?

Sigh

Jules
Old 03 April 2004, 11:14 PM
BedHog
Scooby Regular

Spot on Keigo - what they need is a real deterent, not an all expenses paid all inclusive holiday at our expense. They (the law/speed camera monkeys) need to wake up and realise that rehabilitation WILL NEVER WORK!

*Edit - Just to say - be careful Jules - if you hurt someone stealing your things YOU will end up in prison. Them? Maybe, but probably not. Why can't they see how stupid this is

Last edited by BedHog; 03 April 2004 at 11:18 PM.
Old 03 April 2004, 11:46 PM
Neilo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by judgejules
This country is a f**king joke.Jules
Never have more true words been spoken......
Old 04 April 2004, 12:57 AM
toigye
Scooby Regular

police are a waste of space just spent last six months of my life pending futher enquires ,my ex wife now lives with one of these scum bags and i get arrested for harrasment texting her to c if my kids are ok ,its been hard but i know have my girls and the police rang me today and said they are dropping all charges against me lack of evidence.what a waste of police time rate payers money and stress for me and the girls ,when there is real scumbags out there that they know are doing this sh..t .they touch me or my girls or the scoob i wont b ringing the police ................god i had to get that off my chest thanks for reading guys &girls have a good day .and go check that disclok ram post imoboliser alarm god what next land mines.......
Old 04 April 2004, 10:18 AM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jules

After an attempted break-in last year, I had CCTV cameras fitted. 4 colour camera - little things you can hardly see - but I assume the crims know what they are. Cost me £1k including a quad monitor. It links to a VCR & also I have an extenion link to a TV in the bedroom. I have a black box inline on one of the units that makes an alarm cound when someone crosses a line. Excellent system, I wouldn't consider ever not having CCTV now.
BTW The break-in attempt was by dumb & dumber. We were AT HOME! heard a banging as a car was trying to ram raid my garage door. The doors are made of wood & were simply giving at each hit & then bouncing back. 2 bolts had sheared but the doors had jammed together. My car was in the garage, blocking the door anyhow, so even a 4x4 would never have got in! I'd estimate 6 hits from a Renault 21 before I got outside holding a poker. Shocked the hell out of them - & me too!

Gave description, direction of travel, car type, colour, reg number to the police. They came out to file a report & that was it. Why the hell can't they find the crims when they have all the info!???

Well worth the 33.9% charge increase for the police in my council tax bill for this year! Maybe they'd like a little more next year too!
Old 04 April 2004, 10:28 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

ive had 2 attempted car jackings, neither with my scooby strangley enough, but with a previos mag featured show car, wouldnt and didnt stop me buying what i wanted
Old 04 April 2004, 10:36 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Angry

'tis hapening more and more, this country is going to the dogs and i feel there is nothing i can do about it.

Not just the Police to blame here, they enforce the laws government make and are subject to the whims of the government such as speeding.

The Crown Procecution (ha thats a joke in itself) Service, dodering Judges, out of date laws and the bleeding heart PC brigade are giving scum carte blanche over the decent law abiding people in this country.

Face it - scum would think twice if the penalties where in place along with swift action of the part of the Police.

Our country (and by 'our' i mean the decent law abiding people) is being slowly ruined.

Those who are to blame are not just the scum who commit the crimes but the other who let them.

The law seems the favour the criminal - What sort of fecked up person though this up and what sort of fecked up people allowed this to become law?

Example
A friend of mine walking back from the train station two weeks ago using his mobile felt a tug at his arm, thinking it was one of his kids come to meet him he swung around to find a mugger trying to get his phone, he spotted out of the corner of his eye another man making towards him so he hit the first one as hard as he could in the face, first one goes down and hits his head on the curb, my mate runs off home.

My mate afraid to report this incident in case the person who hits hit head also contacts the Police and tries to sue him.

What a sad state of affairs and how fecked up is our system!?!
Old 04 April 2004, 08:19 PM
scoobysayce
Scooby Newbie

excellent
Old 04 April 2004, 09:21 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

ship all the scum to Iraq or let the victums have 5 minutes with baseball bats whilst the b*stards are chained to the floor!!!!!
Old 04 April 2004, 09:30 PM
quicksprint
Scooby Regular

Angry

CPS= Criminal Protection Service

steve
Old 04 April 2004, 09:48 PM
stevie boy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by quicksprint
CPS= Criminal Protection Service

steve

do ya listen to mike dickin?
Old 04 April 2004, 10:48 PM
Poor Guy
Scooby Regular

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, i have mr Beretta sat next to me bed. Anyone touches mine and a few rounds should get rid of em.
Old 04 April 2004, 11:04 PM
BedHog
Scooby Regular

Well worth the 33.9% charge increase for the police in my council tax bill for this year! Maybe they'd like a little more next year too!
That's a few more speed cameras going up then :-(
Old 05 April 2004, 01:16 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Same thing happened round the corner where I live (not far from wolvo either).

Probably part of the same gang (although they did catch some of them - obviously not all of them)