Sponsored by:

Paint codes

Search this Thread

Old 22 March 2004, 07:42 PM
keefa
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint codes

Hi all. know this is really exterior styling but mods if you could leave it where it will be seen for a while cause I need some advice !!!! (ta!)

So, my pride and cherrished Black my03 sti (import) was dented and scuffed by some total scum for no reason.

looked around for a good paint shop and everyone i spoke to locally recommended this particular place, clean, good ovens, good sprayers etc.

They phoned me today, (way over estimated time) and said they painted the car but the paint they mixed has no gold flec in it and so sticks out like a perverbiale thumb. They have apparently mixed to the chassis plate number ( L18) and are now saying thats the best they can do !!!!!!!!!! ouch.
And a further scratch and dent has mysteriously appeared, which they have oh so kindly 'fixed' for me.

I checked with the helpful D Hendry and Cheam motors (thanks chaps) they checked all their like coloured sti's both Uk and import and have all come up with the same paint code.

Are these sprayers muppets or can anyone shine any light on why the paint is different ???

To say I am P***ed of is a major understatment.

thanks for any help !!
Old 22 March 2004, 08:34 PM
cool.j
Scooby Regular

dont know if this will help you M8

http://www.drmotorsport.co.uk/Subaru...nt%20Codes.htm
Old 23 March 2004, 02:34 AM
DR Motorsport
BANNED

Keefa,

We've painted up quite a few spoilers in graphite black (18L) for 2003 models, and the paint fleck is clearly visable, even when it's still in the paint gun.

Best advice is to try someone who knows what they are doing, and most importantly are using a good quality paint - PPG / ICI, etc.

David
Old 23 March 2004, 10:05 PM
clarky1982
Scooby Regular

sounds like the painters are muppets mate. i wouldn't accept the car.
there is no excuse for putting the wrong paint on. like dr motorsport says they should use good quality paint, that way you get technical back up. where if you are stuck with a colour they can do on site formulae for you using a paint analysing machine, (very cool). i have also painted spoilers for scoobys and graphite black sounds familiar