HELP - TEETHING TROUBLE type r

Search this Thread

Old 14 March 2004, 12:14 AM
stevie boy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP - TEETHING TROUBLE type r

Hi

i have just traded my MY00 uk car for a version 6 type r limited. at first i thought the rear fog light wasn't working untill i pressed the auto i/c spray button which seems to work the light spot on. the rear fog light switch has power to it as it lights up, so is it just the case that the jack plugs went on the wrong switches? does anyone know what triggers the auto function ie throttle position, engine speed, boost pressure, intake temp (or combination of)? and can you tell when it cuts in so i will no if the fog light switch is activating it.

after the drive back home with no radio it was one of the first thing to do to the car, or at least it would of been if the radio fitted. as it is the limited model it has the blue center console (i don't no if it differs in design or just colour having not seen inside any other imports) the hole for the radio is 5/10mm to narrow to accept the standard din size cage or radio????

and the last thing so far, just fitted my blitz t/t and the same wiring harness out of the uk car. the t/t lights up and seems to work fine, the car works fine untill i turn it off and it turns off straight away, instead of the preset minute. (the timer doesn't count down it just turns off) the only instrutions i can find are the jap ones

and the very last thing! where do you T into for the boost gauge?

cheers stevie boy
Old 14 March 2004, 11:42 AM
stevie boy
Scooby Regular

bttt
Old 14 March 2004, 11:52 AM
zhastaph
Scooby Regular

Talking

the rear fog light switch has power to it as it lights up, so is it just the case that the jack plugs went on the wrong switches?
JDM vehicles don't come with a fog light as standard, it will have been fitted by the importer to pass the SVA test. Mine has a somewhat dodgy looking switch added to the block of switches where the IC spray switches are. If you have a rear fog light switch, then you are probably right they have, as you say, probably just wired into the back of the wrong switches.

does anyone know what triggers the auto function ie throttle position, engine speed, boost pressure, intake temp (or combination of)? and can you tell when it cuts in so i will no if the fog light switch is activating it.
I believe it is engine speed related, and i think that it is when the revs go in excess of 6,000 rpm.

where do you T into for the boost gauge?
You can T into the vacuum hose on the dump valve. If you look, you may also find a blanked off connection on the inlet manifold that you can connect it directly to.

The rest I cant help with, I'm afraid.

BTW, Aren't they great?