Sponsored by:

Just got back from SPEC-R

Search this Thread

Old 13 March 2004, 03:38 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got back from SPEC-R

The guy who does all the polished ally header tanks etc etc......

Went for a chat with Pete the owner and he is gonna use my car as the prototype car for MY03 style shiney parts. So that means I get ally header tank, battery cover, alternator cover, and other top up tanks FOR FREE and he gets the jigs etc to mass produce and send around the world. So next week we swap cars for a couple of days and he gets jiggy with it. Something I wouldnt normally consider but hey the warantty is already out the window and its for free so why not???

He may want me to go to shows and stuff and show the car on his stand ........not sure about that though far too much like hard work cleaning to his standards me thinks haha

Oh and a big thanks to Pickle for the note on here and the chat today. If I hadnt seen your note mate I wouldnt have gone to see Pete. He is a top man and the quality of his work looks superb.
Old 13 March 2004, 03:41 PM
NOZZER
Scooby Regular

Ive used him before, did a custom header tank for the cossie westie, very good workmanship and a nice bloke aswell.
Old 13 March 2004, 03:48 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

I would agree with that nozzer, could talk for England and couldnt wait to tell me all about his current projects, houses, wife, cars, engines, new van, show stands, etc etc etc lol

I had a quick look at some of the welding on his bench (not display parts) and the quality is excellent to say the least.
He may try to make an ally air intake for the brakes. The large plastic part which goes from the front of the bonnet and exists at the side to vent the brakes I think. That is the biggest plastic part visable under the bonnet and would look very good in ally....

Pickles P1 has a few of his parts on it and looks very very good i have to say.
Old 13 March 2004, 03:49 PM
New To Scoob
Scooby Regular

Bu66er, why are all these places so far away from me, my '03STi is sitting doing nowt at the moment due to me working away from home and I would be happy to loan it to some nice company in exchange for shiney bits
Ah well just have to wait until they come out for sale and then buy them, GP please post piccy's as soon as you can please

John.
Old 13 March 2004, 03:52 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Yes mate of course I will.

He was desperate coz apparently the MY03 / 04 is being raced and rallyed so much in the far east that demand is going through the roof and as yet no-one supplies the parts. He already has one large order so was desperate to get his hands on my car so that he can supply.