Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my car back from the spray shop - oh dear... Help!?..

Search this Thread

Old 13 March 2004, 10:48 AM
cinders
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Got my car back from the spray shop - oh dear... Help!?..

Just got my car back from the spray shop, not going to go in too many details but I'm absolutely fuming with the ****e job they've done, there's gonna be hell on Monday when I take the car back!.... There was only a receptionist at the body shop today so I couldn't take it out on her, plus I needed my car today to come in to work otherwise I'd have left it.

Apart from not fitting MY00 parts as agreed with my insurer and the body shop (even went through the part numbers to confirm) there are dents on the passenger door and drivers door that weren't there before! The front grille doesn't line up properly either....

Can anyone confirm that the intercooler duct on the bonnet was changed to allow air deeper to the back of the intercooler as I'm sure the one they've put on looks different the one I had before!?....

My car is a MY98 UK Impreza.

Any help appreciated, I'm so sick, it's took the fun out of owning this car

Matt.
Old 13 March 2004, 10:53 AM
Gastro
Scooby Regular

Reject the car on Monday - hand it back with keys.
Inform your insurance company by phone and letter.

Give them hell - it'll make you feel better.

Good luck - it all sounds rectifiable.

Gastro
Old 13 March 2004, 12:45 PM
darms
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure you record the Mileage too mate......just incase!

Good Luck
Old 13 March 2004, 01:31 PM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

I know this is not what you want to hear, but you should not have accepted the car.

Unless you poiinted the problems out to the receptionist you're going to end up in a your word versus their situation regarding the dents.

Good luck - hope you get it sorted,

tiggers.
Old 13 March 2004, 09:53 PM
SlowBoy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Compile a schedule of all that you're not satisfied with. Write to your insurers and also keep a copy of the schedule to present to the bodyshop.

When you go in on Monday speak to the guy in charge but keep calm. Say your piece and make sure he responds to each and every criticism you make. Expect to have to push him to achieve a fully satisfactory solution. Don't compromise, as you shouldn't have to.

If it doesn't get sorted on the spot then make sure you keep a log of any subsequent conversations.

Hope you get it sorted. It's a shame you had to use such an incompetent garage, but it can still be put right, so all is not (yet) lost.
Old 13 March 2004, 11:45 PM
scooby daz
Scooby Regular

sorry to hear about that m8, i took my97 for cam belt about 10 mths ago. picked up car and went home, later noticed a big crack in bottom splitter, went back next day to sort it, i was bouncing ,anyway they said they had not done it ,but i knew they had and had a good idea how.i put it to him that it had been done while drving onto ramp without the bars on ramp being moved first, he said no. i made him put my car on ramp and he clacked it in the same place. but still would not admit fault.then i lost my head he wanted to call the police.suddenly another chap pipes up perhaps i didnt notice when i drove it on ramp any way finaly they agree to repair it,and they did a poor job. hope yours gets sorted
Old 14 March 2004, 12:05 AM
Brian the Sn@il
Scooby Senior

Ive never come accross a insurance body shop to do a proper job anyway, most of them are rubish