This might have been posted before but ive just been mailed with this:

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/s...tml?CAR-RANGEL

Not sure if thats cheaper than normal.

Wol
Old 12 March 2004, 01:26 PM
Danbo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not a bad price, got mine for about £320 in a group buy about a year ago so its nearly there!!
Old 12 March 2004, 03:17 PM
tmo
Scooby Regular

£270 + vat on ebay !

Last edited by tmo; 12 March 2004 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Missed the VAT off
Old 12 March 2004, 05:53 PM
BedHog
Scooby Regular

Just bought one on eBay for £339, a bit more but comes with the bike kit included (I definitely need that!!)

Had a bit of a scare exactly 2 weeks ago with a mobile camera van. Heard nothing yet so hopefully I wasn't done.

Sneaky barstewards had parked on an island at the end of a dual carriageway, where it goes from national speedlimit to 40mph for maybe only 200yards before the island. I was doing less than 70mph on the dual carriageway and completely let of the gas before hitting the 40 zone, but was still coasting down and doing probably 60 as I entered. (This was before seeing the van!)

That really is just a money rasier, I don't believe anyone who claims they would have slowed down to 40 before hitting the 40 zone, especially as it's a big island and I could have easily took it at 70.....

Well, hopefully one of these will help.....
Old 12 March 2004, 06:20 PM
MarksWRX
Scooby Regular

BedHog, the problem with the laser detector side of the Road Angel is that if it does go off then its already too late. Laser guns put out a very narrow beam so you would be very lucky to detect it unless its actually pointed at you. And if you can see it then it can see you, and read your speed.
The best defence against mobile laser traps is a laser defuser/jammer such as the LRC100. When this detects a laser it jams for 5 seconds to enable you to slow down then disables for 30 seconds to allow the laser gun to get a speed reading.
The ultimate solution is;
GPS camera database
Radar Detector
Laser jammer
I personally use the Origin B2(GPS) and am waiting for my LRC100 to arrive (just bought in a group buy).
I dont currently have a radar detector but going by other peoples comments the Bel550 seems to be the one to have. I used to have a Snooper SD815iS but found I got too many false alarms for it to be of much use.
Have a look here for some good info
http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/

Mark
Old 12 March 2004, 07:12 PM
BedHog
Scooby Regular

I understand that Mark, but I didn't want to get anything (possibly) illegal like a jammer (even if it is disguised as a garage door opener!)

Plus as I said the option to easily transfer it to my bike is a bonus.

Also apparently "The back of the unit has a serial port, for connecting to the pc to get the updates but you can also activate a function on the unit that makes it a gps receiver too. So you can plug it to your laptop, and use the gps output function in conjunction with say autoroute (many other software out there but i'm not too sure what's good and what's not) and you will have full Sat Nav in the car."

This impressed me too, maybe now the wife can map read properly