Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mainstream car forum anti-scooby rants..

Search this Thread

Old 12 March 2004, 12:47 AM
mynickers
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mainstream car forum anti-scooby rants..

http://community.channel4.com/6/ubb....=655604036&p=1

I read and occationally post in the 4car forum, I posted a link to the type-25, expecting to see people really excited by it. But the response was pathetic, the same old stupid arguments about the scoob being a boy racers car, that is pushing too much performance out of a small engine and foresaking reliablity.

All basically bull****, to cover up the fact they don't like the fact that the japanese can make high performance cars that are accesible to more than just the affluent few that have the cash for a porker, beemer or a red stallion!

It really f*cks me off, I am not a mad scoob fan, or even a mad jap fan, I love all performance cars, but I think I can judge them on what they do, not just what they say about you to the world.

As a car fan, I forget what a symbolic thing the car is to most, rather than just enjoying it as a bit of technoglogy that us fun to use.

OK, drunken rant over!

Last edited by mynickers; 12 March 2004 at 12:48 AM.
Old 12 March 2004, 01:16 AM
787b
Scooby Regular

Spot on my nickers (But that's another point).

The Scoobs as reliable as a Ford Mondeo, just more expensive to fix.

The Japanese have snobby ideas that bad engineering is not excusable, and their cars are a mystery to many badge-lusting halfwits who hanker after exclusivity. Exclusivity means it excludes people, but is always used as a positive in this status-obsessed country.

I drove my first Scoob yesterday, a WRX, and marvelled that this engineering brilliance is available for £5,000. 50 years ago, it would have won Le Mans*

Let them get their thrills dreaming of golf club membership and stop casting your pearls before swine (But that's another Website)

*1954 Avg speed 169 kmh = 100 mph approx.
Old 12 March 2004, 01:22 AM
trance
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Don't know why you waste your time on that forum mate, seem like a bunch of cluless nancies!! . Thought queen..no it all's comments were quite ammusing!!
Old 12 March 2004, 02:18 AM
mynickers
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by trance
Don't know why you waste your time on that forum mate, seem like a bunch of cluless nancies!! . Thought queen..no it all's comments were quite ammusing!!
Yeah I feel the same way now...

When the show was on tv there were some sound people on their and you I could secretly share my car geekdom, withtout abuse from the my mates!
Old 12 March 2004, 06:44 AM
image doctor
Scooby Regular

Well funnily enough this is how the Impreza is veiwed by many....wrongly or rightly so.

Of couse users of Scoobynet would never brand a drivers of a certain brand in such a way, right?

id