Sponsored by:

Another Subaru WRX STi video

Search this Thread

Old 11 March 2004, 11:29 AM
DJ WATTS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Another Subaru WRX STi video

Thought i would share this movie with you all.

What ya think?

Last edited by DJ WATTS; 12 March 2004 at 09:23 AM.
Old 11 March 2004, 12:04 PM
smellyvag
Scooby Regular

I think you need to get yourself a pod to hold camera with, its all over the place.
You also need to find yourself a race track to do this on, you were overtaking cars and driving fast on public roads, endangering not only yourself, but more importantly, other people.
Old 11 March 2004, 11:13 PM
SUBTYPER
Scooby Senior

Well must admit if it had been me showing that style of driving on public roads (Not that I would drive like that on public roads) I wouldn`t of shown the number plate as If the police view the video they could prosecute for dangerous driving.
Old 11 March 2004, 11:25 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

Get your airbag refitted.

Nice car BTW, will have to keep my eye out for you.
Old 11 March 2004, 11:34 PM
BedHog
Scooby Regular

lol @ the wheel clamped car

Take a look approx 2:49 into the vid
Old 11 March 2004, 11:36 PM
ChrisS/P1
Scooby Regular

Not only do you show your number plate, but you also give your name in the credits at the end.

Plod's going to have a field day.
Old 11 March 2004, 11:48 PM
scoobchrissy
Scooby Senior

Nice video could'nt see any endangerment there, plenty of room on the overtake, nice one!!!!!!!!

but you should have covered the plate

Last edited by scoobchrissy; 11 March 2004 at 11:49 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 12 March 2004, 12:34 AM
greasemonkey
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DJ Watts
What ya think?
You (or your accomplice's) video skills are dreadful, the frame rate's far too low, your car looks tacky and you drive like a tit, and you haven't even got the common sense to pixellate your number plate. Apart from that it's thumbs-up all round.

While the jury (probably literally by now) is out about whether you committed any road traffic offences during the making of this epic, in what way exactly was this "Fast and Furious"? No Vin Diesel, no scrawny white guy (well, we didn't see him), no neons (that we could see), no Michelle Rodriguez or Jordana Brewster, and no Blackpool Tower either. Excuse us if we feel a little short-changed...

BTW, still can't decide whether to email this to Lancashire Constabulary or You've Been Framed...
Old 12 March 2004, 12:45 AM
scoobchrissy
Scooby Senior

pmsl

Last edited by scoobchrissy; 12 March 2004 at 12:45 AM.
Old 12 March 2004, 01:14 AM
SilverTurboWagon
Scooby Regular

Your Cameraman has Parkinsons, the first overtake was a bad joke an your position on the road was appalling.

I made a better car movie than that in 20mins in my lunch hour @ work. Got into trouble with BMW and John Cooper Garages to boot, as we took one of the first Cooper S Works cars out for a ride, two weeks before the Geneva launch. See it @ www.mini2.com/goodies It's called Contraband Cooper.

No law breaking needed, just some imagination and an interesting subject matter.
Old 12 March 2004, 09:09 AM
DJ WATTS
Scooby Regular

Well if it look worse than it was then i shall remove it.
Guess the hype with it and the music did actually serve well and make it seem a lot more furious than it was.

Yep the camera is shaky but this is no pro footage or owt. It is what it is.

lol @ the wheel clamped car
lol didn't even notice that. Well spotted.
Old 12 March 2004, 09:11 AM
DJ WATTS
Scooby Regular

Nice car BTW, will have to keep my eye out for you.
Cheers billythekid mate.

Nice video could'nt see any endangerment there, plenty of room on the overtake, nice one!!!!!!!!
Cheers. There sure was plenty of room and at least someone noticed the truth instead of judging it to be wrong.
I was there and that car was driving at 30mph and as this is on a country road with a speed limit of 60MPH i was well within my rights to do so.

your car looks tacky and you drive like a tit
Car looks tacky? Well would that be because its a bugeye? or the modded silver colour that is not standard lol or the rally logos that are minimal but something that quite a lot of scooby members have on here?
The car actually gets looks everwhere by people liking it but thanks for your nice comments!
Really not the best choice of words to say about a members car but maybe you would like to post a picture up of your car and we can compare and i can share some thoughts on your pride n joy?

And you ever thought that i have speeded the film up to make it look more extreme? Could you prove otherwise?
Old 12 March 2004, 09:17 AM
smellyvag
Scooby Regular

your car looks tacky
you drive like a tit
Your Cameraman has Parkinsons

You lot crack me up PMSL
Old 12 March 2004, 09:33 AM
DJ WATTS
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by smellyvag
You lot crack me up PMSL
Glad you find it funny. But would you if i left some choice words to you about your car?
Remind me to pass the same pmsl comment to you if someone posts similar.

Nice to see that we have members on here promoting a nice attitude to one another. And others posting along with it with little digs is great. Is this what scoobynet has come to?

Oh its not bad at all really is it and only a joke, well it does not come across that way to me as those comments are directed at me!

Last edited by DJ WATTS; 12 March 2004 at 09:39 AM.
Old 12 March 2004, 09:59 AM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

Lets not have a row about it! You obviously like your car and enjoy driving it. Lets not forget that its all too easy to judge other peoples driving...

If you have a digital camcorder with AV in you should look at something like:

http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/cameras.htm
Old 12 March 2004, 10:06 AM
DJ WATTS
Scooby Regular

Here here billythekid!
And at least some of us know how people think about their cars.
And thanks very much for the link you put up. Some very cheap options there and thanks again for the help.

See constructive posts are always better in the end and provide better results!

Cheers again billythekid!
Old 12 March 2004, 10:20 AM
DJ WATTS
Scooby Regular

Oh and just for you Greasemonkey, i found your website:

i'm a greasy monkey who likes to do it with garden gnomes...

hobbies: it's hard work being a monkey in this day and age, 'specially a greasy one. uboot - a bunch of freaks! leave me a msg if u like otherwise, go bother some1 else
http://greasemonkey.uboot.com/

PMSL

I take it you saw the funny side with my constructive humorous post?
PMSL

If you did then all very well but if not then maybe you can see my point that posting degrading remarks about someones car and driving may cause some heated issues especially when you dont know members on here.
We all im sure, have a laugh sometimes with our friends we know in real life but possting like you did when you dont know someone then that coment all be it a little bit of pizz taking, will be taken at the extreme level and come across all wrong. You dont know me nor i know you.

Anyways all im saying is we should really think about what we say to one another before we post. Ask yourself the question, would i like someone to say that to me about my car or whatever and try and put yourself in the other persons shoes and spare a little thought.

And it costs nowt to be kind to one another.

Anyway whether you see my point or not will dictate whether this thread turns heated or not.

To close, your comments offended me greasemonkey.

But lets move on and try and be productive with our thoughts.

Last edited by DJ WATTS; 12 March 2004 at 10:35 AM.
Old 12 March 2004, 10:38 AM
hawkeye
Scooby Regular

Huh is it me or WHERE THE HELL IS THE VIDEO????????
Old 12 March 2004, 10:39 AM
hawkeye
Scooby Regular

NICK NICK NICK NICK NICK

lmfao
Old 12 March 2004, 10:48 AM
DJ WATTS
Scooby Regular

The movie was removed due to some people percieving it to be something it wasn't on country lanes.
Old 12 March 2004, 11:06 AM
hawkeye
Scooby Regular

ahhhhh grasshopper......... clear as mud now
Old 12 March 2004, 11:11 AM
bucski
Scooby Regular

how dya get the vid, have you removed it???

Originally Posted by DJ WATTS
Thought i would share this movie with you all.

What ya think?
Old 12 March 2004, 11:12 AM
hawkeye
Scooby Regular

see i told you clear as mud now........

the vids been removed m8

legal reasons and stuff lmfao
Old 12 March 2004, 11:20 AM
DJ WATTS
Scooby Regular

Yep movie is gone sorry. As above^^
Old 12 March 2004, 01:10 PM
dan4
Scooby Regular

DJWatts,

Why ask for people's opinions and then get offended when they say something you don't like / disagree with? Greasemonkey answered your question in the style I have seen him answer many others, it's not personal (at least I don't think it is ). You don't come across as very mature with some of your comments, especially threatening to write insulting things on other peoples threads about them and their cars.

Don't get pi$$ed at my comments, they are intended as constructive.

Dan
Old 12 March 2004, 01:43 PM
greasemonkey
Scooby Regular

As Dan says DJW, if you're going to solicit the views of other members of the community, you're going to have to accept that we (as a community) have a wide range of views, some of which won't tally with yours.

If your ego isn't up to a bit of mild p*sstaking, the best option is probably to confine your film-making exploits to close family and friends, rather than post them on Scoobynet for all to see (and comment on)?
Old 12 March 2004, 01:51 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Wink

If your ego isn't up to a bit of mild p*sstaking, the best option is probably to confine your film-making exploits to close family and friends, rather than post them on Scoobynet for all to see (and comment on)?
Well said Greasemonkey ......

Too many over-sensitive folk on here these days

Give SaxoBoy a call on 'how to deal with getting the p1ss ripped out of you every day'...

He can take it... and believe you me DJW.... your slagging was well tame in comparison

PS I want to see the vid so I can rip the pi55 out of it too
Old 12 March 2004, 03:15 PM
DJ WATTS
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dan4
DJWatts,

Why ask for people's opinions and then get offended when they say something you don't like / disagree with? Greasemonkey answered your question in the style I have seen him answer many others, it's not personal (at least I don't think it is ). You don't come across as very mature with some of your comments, especially threatening to write insulting things on other peoples threads about them and their cars.

Don't get pi$$ed at my comments, they are intended as constructive.

Dan
I was asking for cunstructive thoughts and not a comment by GM about my car being "tacky"!

especially threatening to write insulting things on other peoples threads about them and their cars.
But its ok for greasemonkey though to say what he likes? Double standards here!

You (or your accomplice's) video skills are dreadful, the frame rate's far too low, your car looks tacky and you drive like a tit,
Instead of slagging someone off, what about some constructive posts where greasemonkey could advise me on what settings i could use to maximize quality levels
and a good compression system that works best?
But thats too much to do i guess and its obviously far easier for some to cast a pizz taking comment at me without a thought at all?

Sorry i didnt realise that there was anything funny about taking p*ss out of someones car. But then again with 3,754 posts i guess people are never going to see my side of things.

Oh its not bad at all really is it and only a joke, well it does not come across that way to me as those comments are directed at me!
Me being the better guy would of actually responded to that quote with a well im sorry you have taken offence and i didn't mean to offend you, just messing really.
But then again im the immature one here by thinking that to put things right with a member is far more important than anything else if i have made certain comments.

you're going to have to accept that we (as a community) have a wide range of views, some of which won't tally with yours.
Yes we are all unique and have our own views but if it was me and i didn't like the look of someones car i would not bother posting"your car is tacky" or whatever as whats the point? Does the owner really want to know that from your perspective?
Maybe you would like to go further and EXPLAIN why my car looks tacky?
Or maybe you were taking the p*ss, in which case my point is proven as it never came over that way.

And im up for a laugh anytime and im not trying to go all seroius but if i were the one that had upset a member by cetain comments about their car or whatever then there has to be a time where you sit back and realise that a member is actually bothered about what was wrote and try and get stuff sorted.
Old 12 March 2004, 03:37 PM
greasemonkey
Scooby Regular

I was asking for cunstructive thoughts
Sorry old boy, but that's not what you said. You simply asked what we thought. No qualification was made one way or t'other.
Old 12 March 2004, 05:37 PM
peachy wrx
Scooby Regular

i thought the limp bizkit music was great but the actual video made you look abit of a ***! now if it was on the track it might be different!

Quick Reply: Another Subaru WRX STi video