Sponsored by:

LANCIA INTEGRALE v IMPREZA's

Search this Thread

Old 10 March 2004, 11:38 PM
noble46
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation LANCIA INTEGRALE v IMPREZA's

well as an owner of a 2ltr 16 integrale I just want to say hi and if any1 in my area sees a black one out and about I am more than up for a race as both cars are fairly par for par, not considering my car is nearly 10yrs older than most of yours!

Tom.
Old 10 March 2004, 11:49 PM
greasemonkey
Scooby Regular

Up for a race? You know that's illegal on the road, right?
If you're after a trackday there'll no doubt be a few to choose from in the Southern section.

Welcome to Scoobynet anyway.
Old 10 March 2004, 11:50 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

It's just the beer talking.
Old 11 March 2004, 03:03 AM
DaveBlueRA
Scooby Regular

Been there done it and htere was a lancia owner who wasnt very happy
Old 11 March 2004, 03:21 AM
XT
Scooby Regular

Talking

welcome to the forum mate. Lovely car you have
I used to have both a Thema and a Delta 1.6 Turbo
Old 11 March 2004, 06:29 AM
image doctor
Scooby Regular

Now there is a Rally replica with style!
Old 11 March 2004, 08:16 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by image doctor
Now there is a Rally replica with style!
what model does he have>?

evo 3`s are amazing IMO
i want one so badley but i need sumthing reliable that will take a good thrashing and last for along time

Trending Topics

Old 11 March 2004, 09:37 AM
K9VYN
Scooby Regular

my m8 had a 1.6 HF turbo that was pretty well set up and the car was awesome - loved it. only problem was that it rusted away in the end.

love the Integrales, tough looking motors although i will say i had no real problem outdragging a yellow one in second/third gear to 70 coming off the M1 onto the A38 - i thought it'd have been much closer. i'd have one (as well as the Scoob), but Lancia pulled out of the UK a while back didn't they??? presumably that makes parts and servicing a little difficult??? still love the way they look though!

Kev
Old 11 March 2004, 11:00 AM
redevo
Scooby Regular

Well as being an owner of an Evo I've had both cars and the Subaru was a good car but it just diden't have that x-factor and the exclusivity of the Grale and as a pure drivers car the grales head and shoulders above the Impreza. Someone pointed out to me the difference between a Grale and a Impreza is that the Impreza not a great handling car but has shead loads of grip were as the Grale is a drivers car and a better handling car?
Old 11 March 2004, 11:07 AM
K9VYN
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by redevo
Someone pointed out to me the difference between a Grale and a Impreza is that the Impreza not a great handling car but has shead loads of grip were as the Grale is a drivers car and a better handling car?
i have seen/heard the same said of the Scoob. remember its a saloon and the Integrale's balance is supported by the fact that all four wheels are right in the corners with little overhang front rear - making for better handling. Clio Williams is testiment to that!

scooby suspension is very tuneable, but not being an expert if i drove both cars (well sorted examples) as long as they both went comfortably where i pointed them i don't know if i could tell that there was a huge difference form a "drivers car" perspective.

i think the Integrale would certainly have made it into Evo magazine's top 10!

Last edited by K9VYN; 11 March 2004 at 11:09 AM.
Old 11 March 2004, 12:26 PM
PeterSimpson
Scooby Regular

I have an evo1 integrale which has been seriously played with. Awesome car to own and drive, but can be slightly expensive to run!! god know s what will happen this year as I am racing it!!

There isnt really an evo3, basically just think of them as evo, and evo (2) kat.

Only differences are better seats, bigger wheels, catalyst and body coloured gutters on the later car.

Pete
Old 11 March 2004, 12:53 PM
redevo
Scooby Regular

You know and I know that there isn't an Evo 3 but Lancia didn't help the fact when they advertised the Lancia HF Integrale as The Evolution 3! As I've just got hold of an old Performance car Mag from 92 with the ad on the back stating this, but then Lancia never apparently advertised the Integrale as a Evo
http://forums.delphiforums.com/evoforum
Old 11 March 2004, 12:55 PM
redevo
Scooby Regular

Cool

Oh and the Evo 2 is the girlie Evo with the small turbo and cat!
Old 11 March 2004, 01:30 PM
PeterSimpson
Scooby Regular

Wink lol

Originally Posted by redevo
Oh and the Evo 2 is the girlie Evo with the small turbo and cat!
lol... forgot about that!!!!!
Old 11 March 2004, 02:48 PM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Received 229 Likes on 168 Posts

Sold my first Scoob to a seriously played with Evo1 owner. He reckoned the Scoob (standard spec) started where his modded Evo finished. Not sure how the Evo2/3 would compare.

My only experience of the Evo 3 was as a passenger going up a mountain pass with a spare engine sat in the back - very impressive
Old 11 March 2004, 03:19 PM
PeterSimpson
Scooby Regular

The evo 1 is the quickest std evo grale, irrespective of what you see claimed. The evo kat (2) is 'only' about 200bhp, not the 215 claimed. They also cant be tweaked much above 260 easily because of the small turbo, oh and they are heavier, however they are better specced inside, and dont lag as much.

My evo 1, which is running over 300bhp is faster than an evo 6 / sti etc, without any doubt, however this is not really a fair comparison!

A subaru is the better car for use every day without question! - never thought I would hear myself say that!

cheers.
Pete
Old 11 March 2004, 04:39 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

ive always known then as evo 1 to 3
i couldnt be botherd to type out "evolution" lol

the higher the number the more inflated the bodywork? (is that right)

basicaly i love the full on wide arched, pumped up up bodywork ones the best, truely awsome looking cars

ive got a mate who soldhis pulsar and bought a evo 6 mistubishi, when he asked me what i wanted next i told him a grale evo3 and his face turned to horror
"what do u want one of them for its a step backwards, its older and slower"
sum people have no sense of style!!
Old 11 March 2004, 05:51 PM
rooferman
Scooby Regular

Top motor........
but ......
Left hand drive???????
Overtakin on those back roads could be fun.
Old 11 March 2004, 07:21 PM
mozzaITA
Scooby Regular

You can read a review on the Intergrale in this months FREE performance magazine.....www.rapidcarsltd.co.uk ....... availiable at various bp/total/tesco petrol stations throughout the UK.

''in june 1993 saw the introduction of the Evoluzion 2, the evo2 used a catalysed version of the previous 16v engine, running a faster 8MHZ ECU. It was based on the previous Magneti-Marrelli system but with double the memory capacity. the engine also gained a more sophisticated knock sensor and double ignition coil with dual outputs on each coil. This version of the engine was the most powerful of the road going versions producing 215 BHP"

Rapid Cars Ltd Issue 1
Old 11 March 2004, 08:13 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

There was a guy who owned a white one round corner from my old job. Adjustable top mounted spoiler and blue leather bucket seats. It looked awesome.
Old 12 March 2004, 07:08 AM
PeterSimpson
Scooby Regular

StickyMicky,

All evos have exactly the same bodywork, suspension, brakes, drivetrain etc.
the only differences are

evo1 - 15" wheels, big turbo, small recaros,

evo (2) kat - 16" wheels, small turbo, Kat, big seats, body coloured gutters, possibly no check panel for electrical errors inside, and as mozzaita said, coil packs rather than a dizzy. evo2's had aircon rather than a sunroof too, and blue tinted rather than brown tinted glass but that is about it.

There were a better range of colours for evo2's too.

non evos had narrower body work, track etc.

LHD isnt a problem.

16vmarc, that will be a evo2 biannco pearlato (sp?) or white one as lancia called most of the Special editions after the colour they painted them.

Pete
Old 12 March 2004, 07:55 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

so the evo 3 isnt any wider or such?

whats the diffrences between the evo 2 and the evo 3?

i always thought that as the years got on they got wider body work

GO ON MY SON!!

Last edited by StickyMicky; 12 March 2004 at 07:57 AM.
Old 12 March 2004, 08:24 AM
PeterSimpson
Scooby Regular

Micky,

No evo3 as such.

think of them as evo and evo kat (2) as it makes it easier.

all evo's are the same width.

non evo 8 and 16v's are narrower.

Rgds

edited to add, cool pic!!

Last edited by PeterSimpson; 12 March 2004 at 08:25 AM.
Old 12 March 2004, 08:53 AM
ric
Scooby Regular

as both cars are fairly par for par, not considering my car is nearly 10yrs older than most of yours!
A modified Scoob and EVO will leave the Lancia for dead on every possible track. The car is just too old and VERY unreliable. But it is a very nice looking and special car.

Check out our homepage and the results of the heavily modified Lancia ("martiniracer"): www.streetcar-cup.ch

ric
Old 12 March 2004, 09:01 AM
PeterSimpson
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ric
A modified Scoob and EVO will leave the Lancia for dead on every possible track. The car is just too old and VERY unreliable. But it is a very nice looking and special car.

ric
simply not true.
Old 12 March 2004, 09:10 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think Lancia pulling out of the uk said it all really....
Great looking cars, very rare, not that quick (i remember one trying it on with my UK turbo, well.... ) i gave him a wave when he eventually came past as i was turning off, just ignored me the miserable git
As for reliability.... well it is a 10 year old car in most cases so its not going to be as reliable as a 1, 2 or 3 year old car.

Tony

Last edited by TonyBurns; 12 March 2004 at 09:11 AM.
Old 12 March 2004, 11:14 AM
Dazza's-STi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by noble46
well as an owner of a 2ltr 16 integrale I just want to say hi and if any1 in my area sees a black one out and about I am more than up for a race as both cars are fairly par for par, not considering my car is nearly 10yrs older than most of yours!

Tom.
aawwwww man... Growler.... one of my top all time cars... being a avid rally watcher in the 80's that was THE motor...
remember watching a guy called Fabritsio Tavaton,, think thats the spelling... piloting a red one around the manx in the mid 80's and it was AWSOME.... should have seen the camber on the wheels....

In reality though I left one the other month on the way back from manchester on the hilly twisty road to Barnsley... up a hill and around a few bends and it was quick but could'nt keep with the STi...

dazza
Old 12 March 2004, 11:30 AM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heres a 'grale that me and my brother have (his car but we both use it....occasionally ).

We both have scoobs as well, but due to some reliability problems (as usual) the Grale has spent some time in the garage. In fact, I have only really driven it a couple of times when it could really be used 'properly' so I can't give a fair comparison. Still love it though, gets as many looks as my scoob (MY03 STi TypeUK)
Old 12 March 2004, 11:30 AM
PeterSimpson
Scooby Regular

Dazza,

Fair comment really. If you compare a std one to a std scoob, its probably pretty close but if you start using sti's etc its a bit unfair! ;-) 70bhp up and no lag!

heres mine if you see me at a trackday!
p.s ignore the ride height, that was before suspension change!

http://img31.photobucket.com/albums/...nt=delta2a.jpg

Pete
Old 12 March 2004, 12:04 PM
redevo
Scooby Regular

Cool

About the UK spec car leaving a Lancia EVO, it would never happen unless one driver far excelled the other! I've had both cars and the Evo for handling around a tight B road is far more communicative and nimble. Don't get me wrong I would never slag off a Subaru as I have got a lot of respect for the car its just not as nimble a car! The thing I did like about my Impreza was the engine and sound off it, but after I got use to driving my grale i. e Left-hand drive I was amazed by how much I could push a STANDARD Integrale compared to STANDARD Impreza were not talking modified as it's pointless! Were talking out of the box so to speak! And as for Lancia pulling out of the UK- "Lancia saying goodbye to the UK, with poor sales and no plans for right-hand drive versions of future models. It wasn't hard to say goodbye to most of the generally uninspiring Lancia range, but when the Italians packed up and left they also took the awesome Integrale with them. As a forerunner of today's roadgoing rally replicas, it's charismatic performance and chunky good looks were huge loss. It was the kind of car you just wanted to drive over and over again. Find a challenging back road, grip the Momo steering wheel, unleash the 215 Italian thoroughbred horses and revel in the grip and go. Somehow there's never been anything quite like it since!" And this was an excert from Evo mag this month! Tony

Quick Reply: LANCIA INTEGRALE v IMPREZA's