Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Geneva Motor Show 2004 (loads of pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 06 March 2004, 05:12 PM
STi-Frenchie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Geneva Motor Show 2004 (loads of pictures)

It's a good show this year. I went there yesterday (spent 5 hours wandering around) and some of the highlights were:

- lots of room to move around, even more than last year and plenty of World Premiere's on show
- the Subaru stand has doubled in size
- the new Subaru concept roadster is well cool in the metal
- the new Legacy 3.0 Spec B (World Premiere) features the WRX STi gearbox and is very, very tempting (well...when I get to be 55)...it's VERY luxurious inside
- Petter's car is there as is our friend Marcus Gronholm's
- The Lancia models are very nice, as usual....shame about the cars (Fiat could learn on both counts)
- The new Alfa 156 is a bit of a beast to say the least - 300bhp but no price tag yet...
- The Merc SLR is very, very nice but ever so slightly out of my price range
- Cars beaten with the ugly stick include the Maybach, the centenary Rolls Royce and the new Audi A6
- the Hyundai concept car steals from the Mazda RX-8, no B-pillar...but it's still a Hyundai
- the Volvo concept car (made by women, for women) has plenty of space for storing handbags (no, seriously!!) and it's interior can reportedly be changed depending on the mood of the driver (so, rage-red for one week in four I suppose)
- the Mini cabriolet (World Premiere) was difficult to get to see due to it's huge popularity - it DOES look really good
- the new Peugeot 407 (World Premiere) looks like a silhouette of the concept car it was concieved from - the Silhouette is a *monster* and it's on show - very, very aggressive lines and styling
- oh, the Lada was a bit of a surprise !!!

Anyway...enough of my babbling, it's an EasyJet flight away and worth a visit, I'll probably go back again before it finishes on March 14th.

Geneva Motor Show 2004 picture gallery

Hope you like the pics !

Last edited by STi-Frenchie; 06 March 2004 at 05:15 PM.