Sponsored by:

DECAT ON STI MY98 CAUSES WARNING LIGHT

Search this Thread

Old 01 March 2004, 11:34 PM
SCOOBYD00
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face DECAT ON STI MY98 CAUSES WARNING LIGHT

I have read other posts releating to new age decat probs & the 'celfix' used to resolve the problem.

However I am unable to locate any 'fixes' for my full decated STi.. it certainly sounds like the same issue - ie - incorrect readings

The diags suggest x3 long flashes & x2 short flashes in diags mode - number 32 - oxygen sensor - the downpipe has the lambda probe attached & a hole blanked off... I have another sender tie wrapped up - is this the problem - could it be the lambda probe? - Is there a similar 'celfix' for classic scoobys - sounds like I would purchase one of the many available 'fixes' but they all seem to be for new age.... the search continues..
Old 01 March 2004, 11:38 PM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm intereting thread my MY98 STi is also fully de-catted an ive had no warning lights whatsoever,also my downipe only has the lambda probe no other holes blanked off etc.The warning could be down to bad fuel i guess or knackered sensor.Will be an interesting read.Good luck
Old 01 March 2004, 11:58 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

There is no fix required on classics, it sounds to me as though your o2's been wrapped up, and the hole it should be in is blanked off, that may be something to do with the problem, probably need a new lambda as well, it wouldn't give you that code if it was ok!!
Old 02 March 2004, 07:44 AM
SCOOBYD00
Scooby Regular

The BPM downpipe has two holes - lambda in one & the other blanked off - the 'o2' sensor - I have a smaller diameter sender that appears to be tie wrapped back - is this the O2 - does anyone have pics to confirm what these do / look like - intend to swap lambda to see

Fuel..... Optimax with a Pro boost - so should be ok there..