Sponsored by:

TSL Tornado Exhaust on MY03 STi UK

Search this Thread

Old 27 February 2004, 09:23 PM
Ady 1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSL Tornado Exhaust on MY03 STi UK

I have just fitted a TSL Tornado back box to my STi UK and my scoob has got its voice back, what a tremendous sound compared to the dulset tones of the original back box. Now then I hear all the cries of Warranty gone, surely as this doesn't effect the engine performance at all and is fitted after all 3 dozen cats how can the warranty be affected. Paul at TSL said it wouldn't effect the running of the engine in the slightest i.e. no remaps etc but didn't know about the warranty issue suffice to say that some dealers don't mind just a back box fittment (although I don't know any). Without the usual "if you wanna risk it M8" replies does anyone actually know cos if its dodgy then I'm afraid its gonna be a long wait till 3 years is up!!!

Ady
Old 28 February 2004, 08:07 AM
MTR
Scooby Regular

The only backbox that is approved by IM (International Motors, Subaru UK) is theWR sport back box on the accesories list.

Failing that its the Prodrive Performance Pack with different exhaust components. Again supllied by the Subaru dealer.

Because some dealers are willing to turn a 'blind eye' to certain modifications it does not mean your warranty is unaffected, just that they will choose to ignore the mod and maybe not divulge its presence to IM in the event of a claim.

However, should you be on holiday, and away from your 'understanding' dealer when a problem arises, and Subaru Assistance take your car to the nearest dealer for remedial work, that dealer is under no obligation to keep your modification a secret from IM.
Bye Bye warranty claim.

Cheers
MTR
Old 28 February 2004, 08:49 AM
jas03WRX
Scooby Regular

keep the old one and swap it back over if it needs to go in for servicing or anything. I agree that ‘its only a BB’ and shouldn’t affect any engine component but as in the previous reply.... its always gunna be a get out clause for the dealer IF they want to be funny over it. (maybe speak with them first).
Some say its a 20min DIY job to change yourself (if you can be bothered) or 30-40 quid down at your local exhuast garage.... My view is the same... I have a MY03 and need that burble like my mates STi PPP. And paying £30 to do a swap around now and then is a small price to pay, given spending £18K in the first place.
Old 28 February 2004, 06:32 PM
Ady 1
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Cheers Guys for the advice, sounds feekin terrrrriffic with the Tornado on but will do a quick swap if needed, another 9 months to service yet so fingers crossed that I don't need the Subaru assistance boys eh?? Thanks again.

Ady