Sponsored by:

New scooby owner bit of help needed please

Search this Thread

Old 27 February 2004, 08:03 PM
2hotty
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New scooby owner bit of help needed please

Ive just picked up my first scooby- ita a 95 wrx import and its standard apart from a hks hyper back box & a baileys dump valve but ive got a problem with fuelling. I was told the lambda sensor is dodgy and thats why its running 5% where is the thing on the import cars? as its not on the turbo like the brit 1s.
Also what kind of mods can i do 2 it to start with?.... i was thinking 18s
Old 27 February 2004, 08:10 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!

Welcome mate, can't really help you with the position of the sensor. I can advise you to make sure you run your car on the correct fuel, Shell optimax if you can along with octane booster such as Millers or NF. Also get yourself a Knocklink, which monitors 'Det'(pinking).
Enjoy your scooby mate.

simb
Old 27 February 2004, 09:57 PM
QM533
Scooby Newbie

Cool Welcome

I also have a classic imprezza (93 import)
I can't help you with your fuelling problem, but I can give you an idea of what I've done to mine.
Since purchasing (Aug 03) I have put gold 17s on, changed the front discs and pads (highly recommended it so much nicer being able to stop)
HKS iridium plugs, boost and oil pressure gauge, Scoobyworld straight through exhaust and a new air filter.
I found, as mine was standard when purchased thes relatively cheap accessories made a huge difference.
Old 30 April 2004, 11:51 AM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

How do you know you have a fuelling problem? Whats running 5%?

Need more info before I can help. Failing lambda sensors are the most likely cause of overfuel on cruise (off boost) but could be all sorts of things, such as the dump valve. Atmoshpheric ones aren't needed on standard scoobs, the standard recirc is fine.

On your model, the O2 snsor is either in the headers, under the front bumper, drivers side, or in the downpipe, next to the turbo. An AFR will check if its dodgy.

MB
Old 30 April 2004, 11:55 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello
well if anything is going to be causing any type of fuelling problem id get the car down to a speciallist to get it checked out for, the dump valve probably isnt helping the situation as scoobs are designed to run a recirculating type and not a dta type (which can and does in most cases lean the mixture out too much).
As also stated, you need optimax and octane booster, nothing else will suffice (you need to be using the equivelant of 100 ron fuel, optimax is 98.6ron and octane booster is normally 2 ron which puts you over this). Id also look here>>> www.jap-innovations.co.uk for a knocklink, the best bit of kit you can get for the price to keep your engines hidden noises visable to you

Tony