Sponsored by:

Swissol

Search this Thread

Old 14 February 2004, 05:54 PM
sushi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Swissol

I have just spent 5 hours and sixty quid using these products to clean the car. Seems a good result but an awful lot of hard work and time to get where other products seem to get faster and cheaper. am i missing something here?
Old 14 February 2004, 06:08 PM
krazy
Scooby Regular

not really... what did u get for 60 quid?
paint rubber and cleaning fluid is most useful/time consuming but getting paint that clean without a claybar would take much longer..
waxing's then fairly quick..
Old 14 February 2004, 07:00 PM
Fulham71
Scooby Regular

If it was hard work then you are probably doing something wrong !
The cleaner fluid stage is time consuming, however none of it should be hard work it should be applied & then buffed off with minimum effort !
Old 14 February 2004, 07:14 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

you must be doing something wrong if the result isnt superb. Ive used the stuff for a while now and would never go back to Autoglym, Mer etc.

Chip.
Old 14 February 2004, 07:21 PM
Gez
Scooby Regular

Ive been a keen detailing enthusiast for quite a while now and i can say that preparation is what makes the car shine. Use the claybar effectively to remove all stuck on tree sap, salt and baked in grime. This will give the body a silky smooth finish and ready for the next phase. The cleaner fluid which sounds like a polish to me, will remove light swirl marks, small scratches and bring back the colour of the car. Then finally the wax just gives it that shine.
Last year it took me a full days work to detail my skyline as it was grimey when it arrived from Japan BUT when it was finished it looked as if it just came out of the showroom
Good luck

Gerry
Old 14 February 2004, 08:05 PM
sushi
Scooby Regular

The car is a myo3 so just 7 month old. I used cleaner fluid which was the really time consuming bit and then Samuri wax. Having just looked again in the garage I have to say it does look very good. Certainaly the swirl marks have lessened and the Mica Blue has a deep shine so perhaps i was being a bit hasty earlier ( i was completely cream crackered).

How often will it need this treatment and when I just give it a wash how do I avoid smears and streaks?
Old 14 February 2004, 08:13 PM
Fulham71
Scooby Regular

Sushi you have a private message !
Old 14 February 2004, 08:57 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

& that £60 of wax etc wil last & last admitedly seems expensive initially but as i say cheaper & better in the long run from my experiance......
the cleaner fluid you should only need to do a few times a year at most wax monthly & clean weekly & you will be amazed at how good it looks just going over with the basic car wash/cleaner as said hard work initially but great stuff you'll really notice it with rain & dirt it runs/cleans off so easily swirls sound like yer not applying it quite right as it doesn't usually leave such a poor finish although i admit i did kinda do the same on the ally bonnet of me new car when i was doing a bit of a rush waxing
Si
Old 14 February 2004, 09:00 PM
Gez
Scooby Regular

Polishing/Cleaner fluid should only be applied twice a year i think

Gerry
Old 15 February 2004, 01:46 AM
WRX_Rich
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

agree with scooby si, I wax the car every month with swissol ( im a penny pincher so I use meguiares (sp) paint cleaner and pre wax twice a year) and can honstly say after 3 weeks of salt, grime and mud, 45 mins washing the car gave it the just waxed look

I have had the tub 9 ish months and i ve hardly used any but with all other products I ended up waxing the car every 2 weeks to keep the same results

I have had several comments about how the car always looks like its just left the show room which can't be bad for 17k miles a year and no garage

if the cost bothers you try the meguiars pre stuff as its much cheaper, but the swissol wax is second to none