ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Advise Needed Please…

Search this Thread

Old 11 February 2004, 06:59 PM
Gangle
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Advise Needed Please…

I have just picked up my car from the approved body shop. At first glance it looks ok, the I notice over spray on the rubbers, the lines on the sides of the wings where they fold under the bonnet. Over spray on the bonnet vents. There was also a chip in the middle of the bonnet. The biggest shock was when I lifted the bonnet. The front upper cross member was three different shade of purple with three different paint finishes. Bear in mind my car is blue.. The is visible over spray on parts too. The job shouts front end. The bottom line is it’s not an acceptable repair. They have said they will look again at it and see what they can do. Where do I stand with this? The bottom line is I pay for insurance (+ £425 excess) and it’s not even close to original…

Comments or advice would be greatly appreciated..
Old 11 February 2004, 08:00 PM
burnz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Never sign for the car unless it's been properly checked over.If they are going to have a look at it then fair enough.If they proceed to mess you about go direct to you insurer and inform them that your not happy with the finish.I had a friend who had a front end in his lotus (not his fault) and it went back four times to the body shop.The fourth time the insurer insisted it went to a lotus body shop where it underwent nearly a full respray to put right the mess that the first cowboys caused.All the best mate.