Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Evo Composites and Daz Jayes Carbon Fibre!

Search this Thread

Old 08 February 2004, 10:26 PM
CarbonDan
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evo Composites and Daz Jayes Carbon Fibre!

For anyone who didn't know this is what happened!!!

He has managed to set up sponsorship deals with Scooby owners/RS owners and Saxo owners. And has shafted everyone!

This is the story!

DAZJAYESCARBON started of producing Scooby Carbon fibre products aswell as Cosworth parts. Darren Jones then set up deals with both parties and 2 major suppliers signed up with him. He then took on more work from the Saxo community with 3 demo cars being selected. These 3 people like the RS boys had to pay £500 and this would be refunded once the years demo contract was up. Dazjayescarbon then folded and was set back up as Evocompositesltd as Dazjayescarbon had such a bad name (to many pi.ssed of customers) and also to cancel all existing contracts and ties! This then traded for 4 months with a fresh looking website, and then went bust!

Shame realy,as the newer prepreg bonnets he was in the process of making were really good. And the rest of the moulds and proto types he produced were good. You Impreza boys got most of the work Darren did. The full carbon boot he did was the ****, not to mention the roof, door pannels (inside and out) but there were only a few!

A few things were lacking, turnaround times were stupidly ****, customer service was **** and he could not talk to people.
He also had problems with the people making the final product, they ****ed him around!

When he changed the business to Evocompositedltd, he did move premises and set up a new production facility that i visited on several occasions to collect parts. This site then got broken into twice in 1 month(seems strange) and all the moulding equipment, moulds, customers kit, my ****ing kit, mancboys kit was all stolen and Darren did not get 1p back as the insurance company said that there was a lack of security.

A gent called Brian ran the company for a while to try and get as much **** sorted before the comapany went **** up. He is now owed over £7000 which he is taking him to court over, I am owed £600 and parts back but as these have been stolen i will never see them again nor my money!

I am currently going through the process of taking Darren to court and need to know from you guys exactly what Darren owes people.

Thanks for your time

Dan
Old 08 February 2004, 11:17 PM
S55DRJ
Scooby Regular

i certainly sent some items for moulding to someone about a year ago, i dont recall the name, but i`ll check in the office, i beleive they used to do motorcycle components too???
Old 08 February 2004, 11:40 PM
bumpy
Scooby Regular

Default Rah!

Mr Jones owes me £1600 or a car of equal value and has done since January 2002

Despite several promises, offers of instalments, solicitors letters, numerous phone calls and emails and several visits to his house I am yet to receive a penny.

If you're taking him to court, I wish you all the best luck. He's a conning manipulative *insert cuss word of your choice* and I'm only surprised no one has done this sooner. The sooner he's away from the car scene the better.

Bumps x
Old 08 February 2004, 11:49 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

This is all on 22b mate. Long thread in general for you to read.

It comes down to the fact Darren registered as a ltd company. You can only sue the company for whats left. As there is nothing left in the company (due to all being nicked), you cant get anything back!

Company goes into liquidation, and you can sue the director, ie darren, for how many shares he has. I believe its £1. So we can sue him for a £1! lol

To then prove Darren was separate to the company, and was trading under his own name (trying to protect himself from the veil of incorporation from the ltd company name) is damn hard.

The end result is you will spend loads of money with lawyers and not get much at all as it was under ltd company.

Ive spoken to both Brian and Darren while he was going under. Brian has been owed money for months (years now) and even has a contract which Darren signed (under the companies name i think) but cant do a thing so isnt taken him to court.

Darren has turned round and said he still wants to get everyones goods when he gets some more money behind him but cant see this happening.

Basically everyone has got shafted!

He has had members go round his house and still nothing.

I have access to COmpanies House and nothing else has been filed with the company. It has not gone into liquidation and appears to be still open. He has to file his accounts within the next few months (i think next 5months) and when he does, im going to download them from COmpanies house, and can see if he did ever make a profit (doubt it) and whats happening with the company now.

Your best bet is to get on to 22b. But i doubt you will get anything from Darren or have luck with taking him to court (due to being traded under the company).

Darren used to ring me weekly giving me updates. He got some parts out but not all. He basically told me if you had a credit card, tell them you never got your items (if paid by credit card) and they will refund you and chase him.

If you paid by cash/cheque, tough. It was used to buy goods, which were then stolen (been checked with the police and we have a crime number). Therefore Darren doesnt have any assets, just creditors (ie owing us lot parts, and even owing suppliers money for products produced). But as the company has no assets, nothing can be done
Old 09 February 2004, 07:50 AM
CarbonDan
Scooby Newbie

Can you please post me a link to the 22b forum as i am very new to this site.

I can understand what you are saying about him being a LTD company. But i have a contract from both companies!

At the end of the day i am trying to find out how much is owed so i can give a rough account of how much he owes people.

Thanks for your time

Dan
Old 09 February 2004, 09:25 AM
Fatman
Scooby Regular

http://bbs.22b.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
Old 09 February 2004, 09:31 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Good luck with this. The 22b boys will definitely be interested. M0NEY, as above, did have some contact but unfortunately this dried up.

The huuuuuuuge thread is here - http://bbs.22b.com/cgi-bin/ultimateb...c;f=1;t=001289

Best of luck. As you can see from the thread, I believe some people believe that they were dealing with Daz directly and not through his company so there may be personal liability on Daz here - note that I am not a lawyer of any kind whatsoever, so am not qualified to give any comment on it though, I merely reflect what is said on that thread.

I suspect that this thread may get moved into Dealers and Third Party Questions.

Again, good luck. From what I've seen (which is only one side), it does sound like there are still a lot of questions to answer, and a lot of money that people have paid and not received goods.

Regards,
Nick.
Old 09 February 2004, 10:03 AM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

Well said Nick.

Dan i emailed you the link as well. There is a list on there started by David Wallis showing what he owes people

If you have a contract when he was a sole trader, you have a chance as you can sue him directly. If you have one when he was a ltd company, you dont really
Old 09 February 2004, 12:05 PM
CarbonDan
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for all the help chaps.

I will let you know what happens!

And Brain was genuin as i met him about 10 times and i was also trying to help him sort out you guys when Darren had gone on holiday.!

I am not connected to either company, i am one of the mugs that fell into his trap! I spend 5 hours up there one day helping Brian ship out some of the bonnets and scoops people were owed. I believe the one sent out went to you Money!

Dan
Old 09 February 2004, 01:17 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

lol at Dan, yeah i spoke to Brian as well and tried to help him

Yep one did come to me. At first i was well chuffed. Then it was in such a state that i was going to send it back. Spoke to Brian and he said not to as you probably wont get it back

Was sent to a bodyshow where they spent abotu 3 days smoothing it all off, and lacquering it.

Came back pretty ok.

Put it on the car, and its bent on one side. It was one of the defects
Old 09 February 2004, 01:55 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

And I saw this thread and thought that some poor other chappy had been screwed over this. As said by others, check out 22B.com, the whole gory story is there.

I think I have been one of the lucky ones, I had lent Darren a MY97 Ally Scooby bonnet to take moulds from, and at the time I knew nothing of these probs, and thankfully a good friend of mine (you know who you are) told me a few details, and I asked for my bonnet back, and managed to get it back, so I thought Darren was a decent enough chap, but seeing everything I have, not too sure, but I'm not going to comment on someone I've never met.
Hope it don't sound like I'm bragging, I'm not, If i'd not have got the bonnet back I would have been as totally enraged as the rest of you, trust me.
Old 09 February 2004, 05:28 PM
CarbonDan
Scooby Newbie

You were lucky then.

Money, sorry to hear that mate. Darren did say that was one of the down sides to Carbon Fibre Base and Carbon top (prepreg) its so light it has no weight to pull the boot down. I ended up glueing a piece of welding rod onto the underside of the bonnet to pull it down so it was flush with the front wing!

Must say, a standard saxo bonnet weighs 15kgs and the bonnet i got weighed in at just under 1kg. It was a good bonnet apart from the small bend!
Old 09 February 2004, 05:43 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

One of my sides is perfect, no probs whatsoever

But the other has been bent somehow. With bonnet pins, it pulls the bonnet down and doesnt look to bad.

But just pisses me off that much spent on a bonnet and it went wrong
Old 09 February 2004, 06:42 PM
CarbonDan
Scooby Newbie

Yeah i fully understand, mine was exactly the same!

Must be a fault in his process somewhere.

Oh well, someone else has those moulds now :P
Old 09 February 2004, 08:02 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

i read 22b, although im not registerd, so ive heard it all before, but to be honest, a lot of the good advice was given a long time ago, which was to stop messing about hopeing that he was going to "sort it"

from a outsider point of view, it was painfully easy to spot that these people were going to get shafted, but im not registerd, so i couldnt post so (not that they would have listend!!)
Old 09 February 2004, 08:39 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stickymicky...

how is it obvious??

nothing was really posted on the boards when we got shafted.

David
Old 09 February 2004, 08:50 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

StickyMickt, not everyone got shafted. Couple of people actually got some goods - just not many
Old 09 February 2004, 09:04 PM
CarbonDan
Scooby Newbie

Only the really persistant people got stuff.

I only live 80 miles from him so i popped up every now and then to see him. As i was a demo car he really needed to have me on his side. I was when i first got the bonnet but other promissed bits never followed!

But as no one really knew him it was not obvious to anyone that this would happen.

The only reason i have raised this again is due to court issues.

I am one of the lucky ones that got something out of this nightmare!

But i am still going down Avenues to see what can be done as i have 2 contracts for my deal!
Old 25 October 2004, 01:53 PM
Dont Rip Me Off Again
Scooby Newbie

Link removed

Last edited by Chris L; 25 October 2004 at 09:42 PM.
Old 25 October 2004, 03:00 PM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

how is this linked to the above?
Old 25 October 2004, 05:21 PM
Dont Rip Me Off Again
Scooby Newbie

Re-formed just after Evocomposites closed down, does motorbike parts as per the second post on this thread.
They may be someone totally different but it just seems odd.

Some of the saxosportsclub boys mentioned it and they had suspicions.

Its just a little speculation thats all!
Old 25 October 2004, 06:48 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Scarey **** i was actualy thinking about this today and wondering if anything ever got sorted out
Old 25 October 2004, 09:18 PM
Dont Rip Me Off Again
Scooby Newbie

Nothing sorted, Darren had all his moulds stolen (Bull ****). He tried an insurance job and it back fired. The guy is still on the electrol register at his address so he still lives there.

May pay him a visit when next up in Birmingham and ask for my money!!!
Old 25 October 2004, 09:43 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

DRMOA - happy to keep this thread running as it is of some use to the wider community. I have removed the link to the last company. As you said yourself "they maybe someone totally different"

Chris

Last edited by Chris L; 25 October 2004 at 09:58 PM.
Old 25 October 2004, 09:54 PM
Dont Rip Me Off Again
Scooby Newbie

But there isa chance it is Darren. That company was formed 2 months after evocomp ripped everyone off. And as mentioned, they did motor bike bits back then aswell!
Old 25 October 2004, 09:59 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

And as you and I both know - assumption is the mother of all f*** ups! Sorry the link isn't going back up.
Old 25 October 2004, 10:39 PM
Dont Rip Me Off Again
Scooby Newbie

Im not asking it to go back up. Just letting people know that he may be back and to be careful!
Old 25 October 2004, 10:59 PM
chris's scooby
Scooby Regular

Why not get some proof that it's the same bloke, let Chris look at it and if it is maybe the link can go back up to help/protect others?
Old 26 October 2004, 07:52 AM
Dont Rip Me Off Again
Scooby Newbie

Lots of people have been digging including a few of the saxo lot but for some reason they are unable to get the answers.

The guy that runs the place denies all knowledge of Darren, and yet he has employed an Ex Arros workshop manager! Darren had a guy from arrows working for him and Darren used to work at arrows aswell!

I just smell a rat. I can't wait to meet this guy at a show next year!