Sponsored by:

M3 V Scoob thread please?

Search this Thread

Old 06 February 2004, 10:57 AM
Blairc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M3 V Scoob thread please?

Can`t get the search function to work so I was hoping that someone could point me in the direction of a GOOD BMW M3 V Scoob (ideally a `99 PPP`d scoob) thread.

Preferably with some constructive comments rather than just the usual I burned a M3 in my Scoob and I even pulled away in 3rd to give him a chance!

Cheers.
Old 06 February 2004, 11:17 AM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

What factors do you want to compare? Build quality? M3 wins hands down. cost to buy new? Scoob wins. Performance? which bhp models? Handling? depends on driver, track, smooth road, rough roads, wet smooth, wet rough etc. fun? rwd tail out your cup of tea or understeer with scoob? Praticality? Insurance? Are you gonna be raggin it on the country lanes more of the time or on the motorways?

If it's just who'd win in a race, there are many determining factors. I'd guess that if you're a crap or average driver then the scoob will be faster, if you're reasonably skilled then the M3 will probably be faster. Also, depends on if you were on a track or normal roads etc (see above).

Old 06 February 2004, 11:32 AM
Blairc
Scooby Regular

Dracoro,

All very valid points although I was ideally looking for someone who had owned both cars and was able to compare the two cars on a road that they know well and feel comftable pushing the car through. I`m talking about a normal world driving here.

It`s easy to tell which would win on the 1/4 mile, has the highest top speed or best 0-60 times all I`ve got to look at is a copy of evo!

I`m after someone to tell me what car they felt more at ease pushing on a typical singel carriage way out in the countryside.

Cheers.
Old 06 February 2004, 11:46 AM
Gubbins
Scooby Regular

Wink

Depends which M3 you mean as well...

If it's the new one, then pretty much any stock Scooby is going to struggle on a straight line run - ok, traction is better in the scoob, but the M3 is a mighty fast car, esp. once you've spooled it up. On a coutry road however, there's bugger all in it. (likewise, not a lot in it when you look down the power stakes, such as comparing a R32, CTR, Cupra, etc, etc.)

Who cares. As long as it feels fast enough. If the M3 gets away from you, it would only be by a second or two. Hardly worth worrying about eh?!
Old 06 February 2004, 01:29 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Talking

You can read magazine test figure all day (like I did). However the most conclusive tests have to be track laps or more commonly 1/4mile runs.

0-100mph times can be confusing, as most would assume that two diff cars with the same 0-100mph time would be level at 100mph...wrong (it is a measure of speed/time not time/distance)

I went to Santa Pod for the 1st time a couple of weeks ago and it was interesting to see how figures translate in real life with real drivers.

There were to new M3 convs (very nice indeedy), one standard (it ran into 16s for 1/4mile) and the other Scnitzer modded (exhaust/ecu) which ran 14.2secs.

I ran against a modded Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo LE (280bhp 290/300lbs torque) after some rivalry on the forums. Here the result (my first go ever!):

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul-ba...od/damn4wd.wmv

There was also a modded Ferrari 360 Modena (exhaust ecu ....) which ran 13.3 or 13.4.

Previously two Ferrari 355 going at it together (one gets 13.9 and the other 14.2):

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul-ba...v355-Part2.wmv

I ran 13.4secs best and 13.8 and 13.6 worst. (My mods just a exhaust and map on a M99 UK turbo)

Nice to know you can embarass exotica

Enjoy the vids.

Bob

(thanks to Paul Baker for vids)

Last edited by Aztec Performance Ltd; 06 February 2004 at 01:37 PM.
Old 06 February 2004, 09:45 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Thumbs up

btt