Sponsored by:

which one?? old or new???

Search this Thread

Old 28 January 2004, 01:13 AM
scoobysteve22
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

help... im 22 and am looking for a wrx. but do i go for the older shape or the newer one with the flared arches?? which is quicker and whatever?? also, whats the biggest wheels that you can get on these motors without scrubbing or modification??

many thanks
Old 28 January 2004, 02:30 AM
JohnMcC
Scooby Regular

I think the first question is insurance - its do-able at 22 but it wont be the cheapest around for a WRX. That, and you initial budget, which may rule out newer ones or may not - depends

I have never driven the 'classic' shape WRX/Turbo (I have a MY03 - the latest shape). I understand the classic ones are marginally quicker, but a lot of it has to do with the power delivery (I believe the newer ones are slightly smoother) and the fact that the newer ones have better soundproofing. But if you are gonna mod it he new ones can be made damn quick too.

I think the older ones may have a poorer interior - although thats not the reason to buy a scooby!! and will obviously have seen more action too.

Othere who know far more, especially about the classic shape, will probably be more helpful in the morning - and probably point out that I'm talking cack ;P lol

John

By the way, I think this may get moved to a different forum.

[Edited by JohnMcC - 1/28/2004 2:35:06 AM]
Old 28 January 2004, 02:34 AM
JohnMcC
Scooby Regular

Oh, and as for wheels I think people have 19s on the newer shapes with no problem. I am not sure about the classic's but I think you can get 18s on ok without too much bother but have to get lower profile tyres. If its lowered on certain springs you may get them rubbing and catching a bit I think.

Again, I dont know that much about the classics, but think that is the kind of thing I have heard on this BBS.

John