Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much?!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 26 January 2004, 05:31 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just been to Subaru to see about quickshift and they said £200 + £130 fitting!!! I said id leave it!!
Old 26 January 2004, 05:41 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

It's only money mate!!!
dave
Old 26 January 2004, 05:42 PM
Krade
Scooby Regular

Well you will will go to a dealer!!!

the B&M quick shift is £150, fitting is free as its easy enough to do your self.

The Prodrive quick shift is more expensive and a lot harder to fit

[Edited by Krade - 1/26/2004 5:43:18 PM]
Old 26 January 2004, 06:42 PM
sammyh
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Try the one from Graham Goode its quite good and a bit cheaper
Old 26 January 2004, 06:58 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

The Prodrive quick shift is more expensive and a lot harder to fit
If you were buying a car off someone, and they said it has a quickshift fitted, would you not want it to be the genuine article? You could always buy the prodrive one and get it fitted by a non franchised garage! Or even fit it yourself, FOC!!!
dave
Old 26 January 2004, 07:09 PM
greasemonkey
Scooby Regular

That would depend on whether the seller was claiming it was a "Prodrive quickshift", or simply a "quickshift" really, wouldn't it Dave?

At end of the day, if you want shift throw comparable to the Prodrive part at a fraction of the price, get one from Rally Design for £38.50 plus VAT and fit it yourself.
Old 26 January 2004, 07:15 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

That would depend on whether the seller was claiming it was a "Prodrive quickshift", or simply a "quickshift" really, wouldn't it Dave?
Fair point GM, but there are, and I have a receipt saying it is a prodrive quickshift. Just look at the two pictures? it's obvious there is no comparison between the two changes, the prodrive one is far and away the better made piece of kit. But if like you say " just want a quick shift then I would agree with your comments.
dave
Old 26 January 2004, 07:36 PM
greasemonkey
Scooby Regular

Just look at the two pictures? it's obvious there is no comparison between the two changes, the prodrive one is far and away the better made piece of kit.
Sorry Dave, but that's just plain wrong. Having had both of these in my hand, I can only say that the pictures alone don't tell the story.

The Prodrive product is a complete replacement linkage from the box backward. It may (or may not) include a stiffer forward location bush, but the remaining parts are as-per the standard items. It may be a good choice for an older car whose existing linkage is starting to wear, but by and large it's a waste of money as it replaces parts that don't really need to be replaced.

If all you want is the shift angle of the Prodrive product without having to buy all the other bits, the stick I mentioned at Rally Design is an almost direct copy of the Prodrive stick, but, thanks to being literally the stick on its own and not having the brand name on it, sells for less than a quarter of the price.

The B&M product Krade mentions includes a stainless steel stick (including a machined-in pivot ball), as well as a machined shift pivot housing. In terms of its quality of construction, it is superior to the stick offered in the Prodrive kit, and also offers an adjustment feature, allowing the throw to be tailored to the driver's preference.