Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scoobynet - feelgood gone

Search this Thread

Old 23 January 2004, 01:32 PM
Pavlo
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We will see what the 'new focus' brings, but for me the community isn't what is was. Maybe I am just old skool (after 2 years lol!) but it's not the same.

What I am really picking up on is what it 'feels' like to use it. Nothing specific about policy, moderation or all that other stuff.

SO much dross.

Paul

[Edited by Pavlo - 1/23/2004 1:37:38 PM]
Old 23 January 2004, 01:37 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
treddington dealer has a forecort full of turbos (about 10-12). never seen this many there before (second hand cars).

current trend seems to be that scoobs aint the flavour of the month - unless you wear burberry.

Old 23 January 2004, 01:48 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Pavlo

Know what you are saying mate but it's simply a symptom of things growing...

ie. The company I work for had 100 staff when I joined in 1992 and now employs near to 450.
The feel good factor and community spirit has completely gone and I'd seen the days when all 100 of us (nearly) would be in the boozer on a Friday night. Now you meet people in the corridors and you don't even know who they are.

maybe not the best analogy but that's my thinking on what you are commenting on....

Can't really do much about it I'm afraid

It's what you make it though
Old 23 January 2004, 02:18 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Come on then guys.. be part of the solution by contributing with suggestions to solutions. This is exactly what we're trying to rectify.

All the best

Simon
Old 23 January 2004, 02:45 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

I know what you mean Paul.... been 4 years nearly for me though.

Im not really sure what the answers are, just seems to be a real load of idiots about recently. I know 'back in the day' there was no muppet forum and alike and the focus was more on the technical stuff which is why i joined. Too many pointless threads for my likely.... but it is bloody adictive!

Tony.
Old 23 January 2004, 02:56 PM
TonyFlow
Scooby Regular

wouldnt say its gone, I still think it is a fantastic resource (i.e. tech forums), just with it gaining more popularity, it is bound to attract more "colourful" characters. Doesnt bother me too much - i just browse past the dody topics, and read what I am interested in (although it can get annoying when posting a question, and the topic disappears off the page due to all the droll!

Cant see how to improve it really (not that it needs it), if you make people pay, people will complain, if you moderate more, people complain, if you try to get some costs back (i.e. google ads), people complain.

At the end of the day, I wouldnt want to provide the resources/time to run the site (and more than likely, couldn't)
Old 23 January 2004, 04:29 PM
Nexuas
Scooby Regular

It is interesting that you say the feel good factor has gone, I have felt this for about 6 months now.

It is great as a techniacal resource, and there are people on here who know more about impreza's than I know about myself, but it has lost what seams to be the comunity spirit.

Whether this has been moderated out or whether it is the people who post here that have lost it I am not sure, but something is different.

I don't think the muppet forum should ever be blamed for the dimise of s'net, I used to spend vast amounts of time in there, it is like a chat room with history. But now I don't even consider going in there, as it became too much of the "in club" and if you were not a member of the "in club" you seamed to get left out. and that is the same for the whole board.

Maybe this is just a reflection of the views of the worlds socity as a whole? it is never as good as the good old days?... That makes me laugh when I say that as I am only 24, but even I look back on times gone by as the good old days, and don't really see anything to shout about in the current state of this country.

I don't know if I got accross what I wanted to say or what I mean, but I think you may get the gist.

I was dismayed to read the google ad thread, and the contempt with which anyone who dared to disagree with "WEBMASTER" were treated, I was going to make what I felt to be a valid comment, but felt it better not to face the wrath of SCOOBYNET. For the fact it was a trial to judge the opinion of scoobynet users, I think the ink on the twelve month contract was dry before the ads hit the screen please let me know if I am wrong?

Just my thoughts.

Nexuas.

Trending Topics

Old 23 January 2004, 05:00 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I've been on here for about a year, and TBH it has its ups and downs. Sometimes I come on and can't find anything of interest and the mundane banter drives me out. Today I've had a hoot, some intelectual exchanges, a bit of harmless rib tickling and one minor infringement of Scoobynet logo copyright (sorry Simon ) and not one bit of hostility or abuse. I don't often visit the technical forums, and quite rightly, as I don't have a Scoob, YET, but sometimes read through some stuff to gain knowlege (thanks) in readiness.
There are some aspects which could be improved but all in all, I like it here. When I get a Scoob, I'll probably pay up each year, as it seems like the right thing to do. I might even join the SIDC. I've been reading True Grip for years without paying for it (I print it, or used to ).
The last Buckles (Leeds) meet seemed to exemplify this downward spirit with only two cars present (+ my old VW) but the next Fenay (Huddersfield) meet is gonna be huge, and has restored my faith.
This is what we make it, with the help of Simon & Co., so come on guys. Belts and braces and contribute to making it great again.