Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trade in price for me scoob

Search this Thread

Old 20 January 2004, 06:05 PM
scoobypreza
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stopped in Threeways, Abergele, North Wales on my way home today to ask if they had a brochure for the WR1 ( keep for a few years, sell on Ebay). The sales guy started talking and I said I liked the STi. He looked at my car made a list of the extras, MY98 Turbo Wagon, 51k, air-con, mud guard thingies, load protector, fog covers, towbar etc.. Bearing in mind I went there in October and spoke to good old Arthur who didn't even look at the car and offered me £6500, so I thought he would offer £6000 to £6500, what did he offer £8850 against an STI and told me that because of the extras that had bumped up my price quite a bit and even if I didn't want an STI I would still get £7850. So just because he bothered to look at my car my trade in value has gone UP £1250 in 3 months. Told the guy that I thought it was a fair price, lol, but would have to discuss finances with the boss (Mrs Scoobypreza). Personally I'm not getting rid for about 2-3 years but he wanted to work it out. But big up to the guy who looked at my car, more people like him and Threeways might get more customers, got his card in the car so can't remember his name but he's about 5'9" with dark hair, avoid Arthur (the old guy) unless you're waving cash he doesn't seem interested.
Also if anyone is after a red classic wagon, think it's T/V reg and didn't catch the price, I think it was about £13000 a year ago, they've got one there which has been there forever, at least a year, maybe a bargain for someone as they can't shift it, offer them a good price.

Dave
Old 20 January 2004, 07:21 PM
subarujimmy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I called in there last year when i was looking for a new wrx. I remember arthur, he wasn't very helpful, and only offered me a rubbish px. So i went to robinsons who were great!

Arthur was pleasantly mannered enough though. lol