Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help/confused

Search this Thread

Old 15 January 2004, 07:40 PM
andyren
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok im going to take the plunge,im buying a scooby,easy eh?not!i was going to play safe buy a uk model with a bit of history etc,then i come on here and get confused,now i know itl be the same old questions over again but you are the xperts and id like your help,what is the diffrence between uk and import,i know basicaly the uk could do with an xost and decent intake?wat is a knoklink for and is it realy all this confusing to run a scoob?advise would be apreciated.
Old 15 January 2004, 07:52 PM
andypugh2000
Scooby Regular

A uk will usually have service history and will last longer as they are generally more refined than the import, the import on the other hand is the "real deal", more BHP up to 280 on an sti, better handling, brakes etc but you will pay a hefty premuim on insurance for it too, i have a uk and it does the job as a family car, an import on the other hand is less easy to live with and is what i consider to be a single "No commitments" persons car my insureance is 714 quid on my uk and i can get an import for no less than 1150 so its quite a saving if you run a house like i do

andy

edited to say i would still rather have the import if i could justify the extra expense

[Edited by andypugh2000 - 1/15/2004 7:54:11 PM]
Old 15 January 2004, 07:56 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Crikey where to start, there are long boring debates on UK v Import but at the end of the day its about personal choice. The other factor for some is Insurance. A UK car out of the box will not touch a WRX or STI but with a good exhaust de cat filter etc you should push the BHP up nicely. It depends what model / colour / look you are after really.
Regarding Knocklink its a gauge relating to fuelling and it checks if this is OK and is not harming your engine if there are problems it warns you with a series of lights.
Old 15 January 2004, 08:17 PM
SUBTYPER
Scooby Senior

Well I have owned two imports a four door and a two door. In my opinion both cars are fantastic over Uk and also dont feel like they take anymore looking after than a UK with similar age would do. The four door was a 95 and never cost me a thing or the new ownera thing. the Two door is a 98 and has never broke down only costs the Two door ahs given me is the upgrades that I have chosen to add. Technically the Uk and Import cars are very similar and also probably as s Import. I mean you can get a bad UKc ar which will need a lot of money spending. The main difference for me was the power and the performance and also the interior on the Import cars is alot better in my opinion.
Old 15 January 2004, 08:23 PM
richie,7,RA,spec C
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Jap by far.Iwent for a test drive in a uk 1,and when igot out the sales guy said what do you think.i said KEEP IT
Old 15 January 2004, 08:37 PM
richie,7,RA,spec C
Scooby Regular

Cool

I,ve just bought a v7 sti ra spec c man my little rice rocket
320 horses,5k on the clock for 18500 notes i'happy yep