Sponsored by:

Had a bump

Search this Thread

Old 11 January 2004, 09:32 AM
alanjack
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Had a bump last night and I would fully expect the insurance to write off the car.
If I was paid out on it, I have been told I may be/can be able to buy back the car but it will go down as a written off vehicle.

Question I am asking here is if I did that and kept it for spares and bought a different Scooby would I have problems getting insurance with the same company (L&V) or would I find it difficult.
I am looking at worst case here as blame is yet to be apportioned but I would rather see it as my car is kaput and I'll be looking out for another.
Old 11 January 2004, 09:50 AM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!
Depending on how bad a write-off your vehicle is, If it is classed as a C or D write-off, yes you can buy it back, if it's classed as an A or B, then know you can't. It does also depend on each individual company as they all have different criteria's.

As for buying the vehicle for spare's and then insuring another scoob with your insurance company. Again no problem, this I would say is vital anyway. Bare in mind if you claimed off your policy you do not get a refund, if you want to cancel after your vehicle is written off. Just buy another car, substitute the vehicle over and use the remaining time left on the policy that you have paid for. The claim will not make a difference until renewal date.

simb
Old 11 January 2004, 06:35 PM
subarujimmy
Scooby Regular

Hope there were no serious injuries.

Sometimes if its a cat b it can be bought back, repaired and put through a vehicle identity check (V.I.C Check) at a v.o.s.a test station. I have known several cat b write-offs put back on the road.
Depending on the insurance company, if its been written-off, they may only insure the car t.p.f.t when re-insured, thats why some ask if the cars ever been written-off when getting a quote.