Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help With Selling Car - Banker Draft

Search this Thread

Old 07 January 2004, 10:19 PM
BL
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right got a buyer for my car who is going to give me a bankers draft for the full value.

As i am meeting him in hte evening. Is there anything i need to do to check the draft or is it ok just to accept it and pay that into my bank.

Thanks

Bob
Old 07 January 2004, 10:23 PM
met
Scooby Regular

as its outside bank hours, you should ask at least for a mini statement from the bank showing the amount withdrawn, or a letter from the bank, personally i would do it during the day & call the bank, depending which bank they use they may have a call centre out of hours, i bank with barclays & use barclaycall which you can call up to 11pm, also with a draft if they call the bank & say the draft was lost or stolen then it can be stopped like a normal cheque, this is what i was told by my bank.
good luck
Old 08 January 2004, 12:11 AM
keevster
Scooby Regular

just went through a similar situation on hogmany mate. sold my civic, and it was paid by bankers draft. i was not sure about the sale, but contacted the persons bank through two seperate phone numbers, ie the one he gave me and the one i got through directory enquires. got the bankers draft, called the bank and checked the serial numbers on it, which all matched up. from last week my finance is now paid off. all in all legit. as i was told by my bank, bankers draft is almost full proof. the almost meaning, there is always a risk nowadays with sale.

keevster
Old 08 January 2004, 01:02 AM
DavidLewis
Scooby Regular

Meet him during the day, get him to drive you to your bank and pay-in the draft before you hand-over the keys. Once deposited, give him the keys and get a cab home as you can now afford it

Sold one car of mine by going to the bank with the buyer and transfered the money across there and then.