Sponsored by:

STI8 handling

Search this Thread

Old 27 December 2003, 11:16 AM
tjg 62
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Having owned a 01 WRX wagon and now a standard STI 8, i found that the wagon was a good compromise between comfort/practicality /speed.The STI 8 is a different beast, i enjoyed driving the wagon but i love driving the STI...even with bouncy springs, no PPP and standard wheels.Now getting ready for a 300 mile trip to the North East for new year....one downside to four door ownership as opposed to the wagon....plastic covered back seat for my old golden retriever.There's no way i'm doing that trip in a K reg sierra estate!!
Old 27 December 2003, 07:58 PM
Ady 1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tjg62, welcome to the fun M8. I too own an STi8 in standard trim and unlike yourself find the springing quite adequate although I do detect that you rather like the car which is refreshing to hear cos if you read some of the threads on here about our particular car then you'll probably want to neck yourself. I think the trick is to look at your car compared to cars in general and not to some ferrarri powered freak as some do (a little twitch here and a little unsettled there). The STi8 is a great car which will show most cars a clean pair of heels.This is just my own opinion and I'm sure there will be a lot more waiting in the wings to chop me down and advise you to lower,widen,stiffen,tweak etc etc so watch out. Anyway M8 enjoy, and Happy new year to you.

Ady