Sponsored by:

How much is that NOZ'y in the window?

Search this Thread

Old 09 December 2003, 10:18 AM
p3t3rp1p3r
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Usually gas cannisters need to be out of direct sunlight, but is there anything lethal about putting a NOS cannister on the rear parcel shelf?

Just thinking those following may think "hmm, maybe i'll back off, hes on nitrous"

Or will it blow my head off!?
Old 09 December 2003, 10:24 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Or advertise to every Copper that you have NOS fitted to your car and may be prepared (illegally?) to use it on the road and so they pull you over?!?

Personally I'd keep it well hidden - stop the ******* out there from trying to nick it as well.

In general - compressed gas and heat = no no. In the case of NOS, if I remember my Chemistry lessons is an oxidising agent and is not the sort of thing you want wafting about!
Old 09 December 2003, 05:46 PM
homer lawtey
Scooby Regular

NOS isn't illegal for use on the roads in the UK, so long as it's declared to your insurers. Failure to do this is driving without insurance.

A correct bottle with valve fittings has a pressure relief device, so if the bottle pressure exceeds the safety limit, the relief valve will open. The bottle will never be in danger if you have a relief valve, as the pressure will never get chance to go above the bottles safe pressure.

As for the heating effect, might be best to talk to a nitrous supplier, as you can buy bottle heaters, so find out what temp they heat the bottle to, and if you're confident the bottle won't get that hot in the car, you should be OK.

Steve