ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Does the Scooby have a personality ??

Search this Thread

Old 31 May 2000, 01:46 PM
Gethin
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Feeling a bit bored over the weekend, I decided to take the Scooby for a blast around Brechfa Forest (used to be in the RAC Rally calendar).

This is the first time I have really driven the car hard for a sustained period of time (>30 mins) since I bought it over 12 months ago.

Blimey! I knew the car was fast, very fast, but I was gobsmacked on the pace of the thing when really pushed hard. As it was getting dark, I was spitting out some seriuous flames from the back of the car, lighting up the Forestry roads...excellent fun. With the windows wound down, the soundtrack was awesome. Every house I passed had someone standing outside them on the way back with big grinns!!!

My question is this.....does the Scooby know what sort of mood you are in.....and adjust the ECU according to throttle and break inputs???

Another question, I noticed the car diving on hard acceleration and breaking, unsettling the balance, has anyone fitted the Eibach spring setup on a WRX with stock shocks?? Whatabout the MRT ALK system? Easy to fit? How much?? Will I need some bushes too?

Any input appreciated

Gethin.
MY97 WRX
Old 31 May 2000, 02:37 PM
Scott J Davies
Scooby Regular

Gethin

I looked at the Eibach option and decided against it for now. I was advised that they are not suitable for a WRX, they are only suitable for the UK car. I too would like to hear from a WRX owner with eibachs fitted.

I am investigating other options at the moment ie Avo, Tein, Leda (my prefrence but a bit on the steep side of a reindeers birthday).

Personality, they have it by the skip full. I have fitted an artificial intelligence chip into my ECU to stop me having an affair.

Oh, how I love my Scoob.

Old 31 May 2000, 03:59 PM
mprocureur
Scooby Regular

Hi guys,

Just to let you know i've fitted eibach springs on koni dampers on a MY00 and woshhhh
what a difference, i can beleive the handling has been so improved.

In very short corner, the scooby is getting in then out like a rocket :-))) , i still could not beleive the speed i've passed an small left then right corner last friday :-))))

And the nice thing is that i've not lost much comfort regarding the suspension improvements i've got :-)

v
Mike, lost belgian in france....

Old 31 May 2000, 08:46 PM
Big Bear
Scooby Regular

Cool

I have an STI 2 with Eibach springs and a poweratation geometry set up and wow I thought the standard springs were good with this setup , but the Eibachs just put the cherry on the top of the ice cream .
Incase you hadn`t guessed I`m very very very happy with the results
Cheers Dave