Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

where do i stand on this

Search this Thread

Old 27 November 2003, 12:42 PM
catalunya199
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ive had a cam seal go three times on my 2 of them within 2 weeks.

now the same subaru garage repaired them both only for them to go again.i ask this cause when i took it in again i asked them if i will have to pay for the repairs(got it free last time)cause it went so quick to them fixing it.

the women said yes i have to pay but we will give you a good discount,not being funny but surely the second time it went they should of tested the engine(there only testing it today).

i heard under international motors i shouldnt have to pay as its there fault cause the same thing keeps going that there fixing.if i have to pay should i see the manager and maybe threaten them with solicitors(i will use them if it turns ugly for the bill)or do i have to pay them and bite my tounge
Old 27 November 2003, 01:37 PM
donutman
Scooby Regular

i would not pay em m8. surely a work come with a warranty?
argue the toss with and threaten to report them for shody workmanship to IM. and if the ca is a my02 it should be covered anyway?
Old 27 November 2003, 01:39 PM
judgejules
Scooby Regular

Either there's another problem causing the failure, or they didnt fit the 2nd one correctly. Either way they're at fault for a) not spotting an underlying problem or b) not doing the work right

IMHO dont pay and see where small claims court gets ya?

~Jules

Edited coz I cant spell

[Edited by judgejules - 11/27/2003 1:40:59 PM]
Old 27 November 2003, 03:43 PM
Thehut
Scooby Regular

The guy who fixed the same prob for me heard that it can take some mechanics a few attempts to get the seal on correctly due to there being less bolts holding the cover on compared to most engines or something like that.
He was a little confused as to how it could take several attempts if done by a decent garage and promptly fitted it without any probs.
Seems to be OK now fingers crossed.
There's no way you should pay for them to keep doing the work over and over when it's obvious they're at fault, as the other guys have said, just don't pay 'em, they wouldn't have aleg to stand on if legal proceedings got started.