Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Last minute advice needed on ECU re-map being booked tommorow please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 26 November 2003, 08:07 PM
SCOOBNOV
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Gonna call Extreme Scoobies tommorow to book my baby in 4 an Ecutek Re-map. Its 4 an STI Type R ver 5.

Am totally confused by the different types avaliable on the market and how many ppl are doing the maps... Went to BRD afew weeks a go to buy a Knocklink and enquired there but was given a fitting date of end of jan. But what really put me off was the attitude of the person I spoke to, It was not Bob himself but His partner, He made it clear that they do not require the business and was generally very overconfident,arrogant and Told me that they did not need my money. I know they are meant to be the best in the business but surley this type of approach towards potential customers is not needed.

Anyway,, I see from the boards that Extreme seen to be well recommended and I spoke to them the other day, what a difference!

My main objective is not to have massive power gains but to eliminate the whole fuel octane prob by having it mapped to run on 98 super. I'm planning on keeping the car for a while and want to get all the benifits of havin a Type R but without the pitfalls of detonation. Although they say it will gain about 30bhp as I am running a full de-cat system and panel filter at the mo.

Also price is reasonable at £650 add VAT.

Would appriciate any last minute for's & against's to go ahead with this and also any prev experience's any1's had with Extreme.

Have been told Knowlsey is the man to see as he's one of the best mapper's?

Sorry 4 being long winded but I just wanna make the right choice andappriciate that there are alot of top people who know there stuff on these boards.

Thanks gang.

Old 26 November 2003, 08:17 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Talking

I'm not aware that Knowelsy can map or is certainly not known for it! I suspect that in fact if you book this with Extreme, you will actually get Pat mapping your car.....

Matt
Old 26 November 2003, 08:24 PM
R.B
Scooby Regular

LOL Yes everyone will agree with me here or for those who have met (Branco) i believe this is the man you are talking about.

He means well you just need to know how to take him thats all.

His famous words are (Bring de car to me and i will get Bob to map it )

Bob Rawle has mapped 2 of my cars a few times over the past few years and yes he is without any question (The Dogs Daglers when it comes to mapping cars)

Xtreme Scoobys ./ Knowlsey who i have spoke and done some good deals with his a very nice chap.I will be commenting on Xtreme scoobies next week with some of his goods.(All good though )

R.B
Old 26 November 2003, 08:24 PM
LB4
Scooby Regular

I used BRD for my remap, Uk MY00, Branko really is ok once you get past how he first comes across ... i do know what you mean though. I too had to wait a few months to get booked in but thats just how it is if you want the job done by people you can trust to do a top job.
However at the time i had mine done XS didn't exist, but thats who i use for any work now and Knowlsey and the guys understand about keeping the customer happy, i would recommend them to anyone.

Gary
Old 27 November 2003, 12:04 AM
SCOOBNOV
Scooby Regular

Wink

cheers guys, bttt for more....
Old 27 November 2003, 10:30 AM
Nathan L
Scooby Regular

I've dealt with Knowlsey before on quite a few occasions from buying wheels off his car to just seeking advice and have always found him polite and friendly.

However I've dealt with Branko and found him to be a complete pain in the ****. But once you've actually met the guy and had a proper conversation with him he's okay. It is genuinely just the way he comes across.

As for Bob, perfect gent, true petrol head and mapper extraordinaire

Nathan..
Old 27 November 2003, 10:44 AM
SCOOBNOV
Scooby Regular

Wink

Thanks again ppl,, called Extreme and spoke to Knowlsey just now,, very refreshing to have someone talk to you on the phone about your requirements and not just fob you off with the usual "uninterested attitude".

Due to work commitments, I could not book it for a weekday, and he offered to do the map on a Sunday,, Now how many companies would do that!

Have booked in 4 next Sunday and can't wait... got my gauges to fit in the meantime though so should keep my mind occupied.

Trending Topics

Old 27 November 2003, 12:52 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Have been told Knowlsey is the man to see as he's one of the best mapper's?

PMSL @ that one

But seriously for Customer Service Knowlsey is great and he'll make sure you get what you want
Old 27 November 2003, 01:53 PM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

it will be pat mapping, and if thats the case you need not worry, he recently mapped my friends sti 5 type r and we asked him for a conservative map, afterwards I had to keep checking the knocklink was getting power as it never crackles.

Of course anyone can retard the ignition, but you get the gist.

knowlesy is a very nice bloke, and agreed you can't fault him on customer service.

Branko like everyone has said, you just have to get to know.

He is an interesting guy and knows a lot. try to see past his initial attitude and you may get to like him.

Old 27 November 2003, 02:46 PM
SCOOBNOV
Scooby Regular

To clear it up,, I got the names mixed up at the start! I meant pat was going to do the mapping, sorry!

Yeh,, I guess I agree with the views on Branko as when I met him his tone and approach seemed a bit more digestable, but the way I look at it, the way you are spoken to when paying someone for a service or product has a big impact on wether or not you feel comfortable to give them the business. But thats just my opinion... and I think we'll end it there!

Adam, how long did it take and was there a good power gain, does the car feel different to drive? I've had mine on the rollers at P.Eng and it gives out 288bhp, with a full de-cat and blitz panel filter. Am I being ambitious expecting it to go upto about 315-320bhp?

Thanks again all..

[Edited by SCOOBNOV - 11/27/2003 2:49:26 PM]
Old 28 November 2003, 01:24 AM
SCOOBNOV
Scooby Regular

BTTT
Old 28 November 2003, 01:45 AM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
The biggest diference you will notice will be in the increase in torque. I would expect on those rollers you will get around 310BHP and depending on how much boost you run low down anything between 290/310lbft torque.

Please ensure whoever you choose to map your car uses det cans and a wideband lambda sensor, without those you cannot be sure the engine isnt detting or running too lean.

My own preference is Bob Rawle, he is worth waiting for.
Old 28 November 2003, 03:08 PM
SCOOBNOV
Scooby Regular

Wink

Thanks 4 the tip john,, will ask them prior to having it mapped if they will be using these.