ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Tyre Pressures

Search this Thread

Old 21 November 2003, 04:58 PM
MattyB
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Watcha kidders. Parked Scoob up at work in the works car park and then the security guard wanders over to my desk at 11 ish and says "That's your Imprezzzzer ain't it, I always keep an eye on them" (Good work security guard fella I thought)

Yeah, your tyre is flat.

**** it all I thought.

I'd parked it in a different place and thought "If i've ran over a nail work can freaking pay for that". Took it down to the tyre place and it was just low of air. Both fronts 20PSI, both rear 10!!! Flip! I'd checked it before and they were ok. Tyre bloke said that because the pressure pumps in the garage get abused so much they arn't really that much cop.

He recon's that I should get down halfrauds for one of those electronic tyre pressure things. Bang, Chrismas list idea is ever I saw one!

On returning from work after my extended lunch break (!) found out that for each wrongly inflated tyre it's upto 3 penalty points and £2500 fine. Pooped my pants right there on the spot!

Never in the world did I expect that (the fine and points that is not the pooping, i do that quite regular.....anyway I deviate)

So, moral of the story, line Halfrauds pockets with money from a tyre guage pressure type thing and save you life, pocket and licence.

remember, a dog is just for christmas, not for life......or something like that.