Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upgrade from MR2 Turbo to Scooby STi - advice...

Search this Thread

Old 13 November 2003, 01:23 PM
Gav_sw20
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

I currently own an MR2 Rev-1 Turbo around 235Bhp and am looking to upgrade to an Impreza Type R Version 2/3 (White).

I know very little about these cars and would be grateful if you could throw some light on a few questions I have: -

1) Are there any major problems likely to occur with the adjustable centre differential?

2) Which are the best performance parts for the Impreza – I have full BLITZ set-up on my car as BLITZ and HKS seem to be the better aftermarket products around for jap cars.

3) What is the std boost on these cars – are they easily adjustable with something like an A-VCR etc…

4) What sort of MPG will I be looking at with mainly M-Way driving with a little bit of pottering around town – my current car = £34 to fill up tank @ around 260miles.

5) Where would be the best place to buy one (Owners Club, Autotrader etc…) – I would import one but am not prepared to be without a car for 6-8 wks plus I need to sell my car first.

6) What’s the insurance like on a Type R Version 2 – I currently pay £800 fully comp with 5yrs no claims and I’m 26.

7) I’m likely to get around £5000 for mine and can afford around £6k for a Scooby – is this gonna be enough and what spec am I likely to get?

8) I am looking at getting a K/L/M reg model. Is this the Version 2 Type R and is the price range I’m looking at realistic?

9) What are they like with servicing & reliability – being jap I assume its extremely reliable

Hope you can be of assistance with all my Q’s – I wanna make the correct decision so need to know what I’m letting myself into first.

Im going to apiengines this Sat for advice so ill let you know how I get on.

Cheers,

Gav.