ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Help me!

Search this Thread

Old 10 November 2003, 10:59 AM
marky1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Everyone

Okay decision day is near on a new car and not 100% sure what I'm going to do. I've been tempted by a wrx sti8 with the pro drive pack. I live and work in central london and want to have SAT NAV in it and also get the silver alloys. I reckon with what I want it's going to be a little over £30,000. My question is am I doing the right thing? Is it the right car to get considering most of its use will be driving to and from work in central london. Okay it will get out of London some weekends but not many. Any advice or help with my decision would be much appreciated.

By the way the alternatives I am looking at are

Cayenne Turbo (expensive)
CL 55 AMG - 2nd hand
BMW X5 but they're a bit common around London.

Funny I never ever see Impreza's around London

Cheers everone

Mark
Old 10 November 2003, 11:05 AM
The Boy
Scooby Regular

I used to commute for well over 2 hours each day in my Subaru ( MY99 Turbo ) before I got a company car. I look back now and realised how frustrating it can be because you long for some open road when stuck in a line of traffic.

I will say that the Subaru will give you alot of car and fun for your money and I think they are always an engaging drive.

Up to you really matey

Cheers Andy
Old 10 November 2003, 11:07 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...
Well I reckon the scoob with probably be the most eye-catching of the lot if you ask me.

IMHO Mercs are just European Toyota's...
Old 10 November 2003, 11:13 AM
marky1
Scooby Regular

yeah i agree there really is nothing out there for the same price range that gives such performance, that's why I am so tempted.

Old 10 November 2003, 11:13 AM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I find mine is more than happy to do the work run, so id say go for it.
Old 10 November 2003, 01:04 PM
Dazza's-STi
Scooby Regular

I'd save yr money and buy a nissan micra! I wouldn't live in London if someone paid me £120k a year and certanly wouldn't have decent car... Apart from imigrants driving into it i think i'd go bald just with worry driving anything decent around london!
Sell up and move up North M8... I can be in the sticks in 15 mins and in Leeds in 10 mins...

Yorkshire... Luvly!
Old 10 November 2003, 01:08 PM
RayC
Scooby Regular

Scoob is not the most comfortable car for traffic jams, i find my leg starts to ache on the clutch and it is difficult to slip

also i get paranoid about toerags opening doors into it, keying it bumping into it and driving off etc

not wanting to cause a storm, but the VW Tourag is exactly the same chassis as the Cayenne but with different engines, has all the sat nav and good toys as stanadard and the V10 deisel is a quick and juice freindly and is Auto, so you get comfort, toys ride height advantage plus its different to every sheep who has the X5

just a thought
Old 10 November 2003, 01:36 PM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

Get 2 cars, a cheap runabout for coming to work and an exotic for playtime. There was a MY03 with PPP 18's etc on here for 25k a little while ago. You can get that and a 2k runaround and still have change
Old 10 November 2003, 01:56 PM
marky1
Scooby Regular

Can only have 1 car, only have 1 car parking space. And I agree i wouldn't live in London either if someone paid me £120k a year

Mark