Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bad paint

Search this Thread

Old 11 August 2003, 02:01 AM
wanted
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haven't had the same prob , but there shouldn't be any prob with the paint matching. I've just had a 3/4 re-spray on my 7 year old scoob and the match is perfect. Take the part re-spray and if it does'nt match then complain and send it back.

Hope you get it sorted.

Edited cos i carnt spell

[Edited by wanted - 11/8/2003 2:02:12 AM]
Old 11 August 2003, 03:28 AM
AK47
Scooby Regular

that's not very good to know about a new car.

if subaru are offering a respay then take the offer as they will surely do the best job and what more have you to lose?. The only reaon people use outside bodyshops is because of saving costs.

if respraying parts is not a good idea then i would think half the bodyshops around the country would be out of business. Just imagine, for every bumper scratch or door dent that need the entire car respraying they'd be a lot of miilionaires? Those guys who gave you advise obviously want you to respray the enture car! Based on personal experience, I've been lucky in that all the respray jobs I've had they've all been done really well.

if the dealers are respraying then expect 100% colour match.

Having said that, check out the entire car to see what needs to be done and if there are a lot of panels that needs the respray, then perhaps subaru will see the light in having your entire car resrpayed anyway (dealers can always claim from Japan).

[Edited by AK47 - 11/8/2003 3:33:25 AM]
Old 07 November 2003, 11:40 PM
matty & clare
Scooby Newbie

Angry

bought a brand new scooby love it but the paint was contaminated during manufacture only became aparent couple of months ago. paid out for afew reports on the paint work all say the same done during manufacture not our fault. subaru say they will as agood will gesture respray bits. we have been advised against this by numerous paint shops as colour difference at night in particular would be noticable. we are so disapointed! we wanted a car to be proud of, it drives great shame the paint work is a sham. any one had the same problem? please contact us if you have.
Old 08 November 2003, 02:07 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts
As long as they don't rush it (which is the biggest downfall of paintjobs) and prep it properly, the match should be perfect...

In the end it's down to how good the bodyshop and it's staff are.

Are complete panels being re-sprayed..or just partly re-sprayed? If partly sprayed, you need to look out for how well the new paint is "blended" into the old as well as just colour match.
Old 08 November 2003, 02:58 AM
vash
Scooby Regular

Some numpty scrapped the site of my O3 Sti and i had the whole left side resprayed... ABSOLUTELY PERFECT .. you cant tell the difference night or day ..

As said previously if its done right ... its perfect!