Sponsored by:

Modified 03 STI - i need more!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07 November 2003, 08:24 AM
brin_e
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guys,

Anyone know of any good tips of what to do or who to speak to about getting an '03 STi modified some more. I've had the Prodrive Performance Pack fitted which certainly livens it up and is as far as i can go with keeping the warranty but it would be good to get those 300 horses up to 360 or there abouts? Am i looking at turbo and intercooler upgrades to get this far? Is there anyone in the game of upgrading an 03 model yet? I'm weary of talking to ScoobySport as i've heard of a few problems with quality of workmanship. Has anyone dealt directly with Prodrive to get some serious goodies? It aint a V8 chevy, so i'm lost!!!

Thanks loads,
Converted Cobra Driver
Old 07 November 2003, 10:54 AM
RRH
Scooby Regular

You won't have any problems with scoobysport- they're just about the best in the business and have hundreds, if not thousands, of satisfied customers.
Old 07 November 2003, 11:09 AM
CTRnutter *2*
Scooby Regular

Yep,

My bro has fitted at the mo,

HKS Turbo Downpipe
HKS De-Cat
HKS Up Pipe
HKS Sequential BOV
HKS Boost Guage

PPP Fuel Pump
PPP ECU
PPP BackBox

Green Panel Filter

He orignally had the HKS Racing Suction Kit, but removed this due to overfueling, you should have seen the flames on over run

He runs the car on a strict diet of millers ocatne booster and Optimax,

had a bung up the cars backside and although a tad lean at 7000rpm the car is running very well yet to get it on the rollers and find out a figure but a few reckon about 330bhp to 340bhp

If you want to take your car anywhere at the mo I'd speak to Chris at G-Force,

all of the above modifications where performed by Guy at CPL on behalf of Sumo Power, Guy himself has pointed me towards Chris and he has stated that he and them are working very closely with this kit, get the latest jap performance 5k will get you over 400bhp and 375 ft pounds of torque 3k will get you around 360bhp with 355 ft pounds of torque,

all of this on the standard internals, these guys really know what they are doing and the APS kit looks stunning too,

this site will be able to aid you further,

http://www.g-force-motorsport.co.uk/menu/menu.htm
Old 07 November 2003, 11:38 AM
brin_e
Scooby Newbie

Cheers Dude,

Thats a good starting point. I feed mine on Optimax rather than Super and the scoobie seems to like it but i suppose it will defo need the octane boost for the next step. Had all the hassle of adding that to every 2nd tank of fuel with the Cob. It's a real bitch we cant get good fuel at the pumps here. I'll see what Gforce can do to get it nearer to 400 than 300.

Many Tanks