Sponsored by:

Scooby Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03 November 2003, 12:22 AM
merlin
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I saw a yellow classic STi today - the first I've seen in a long time at an out of town shopping centre. It was great to see one again but I was disappointed when the driver pulled up to the only remaining disabled parking bay. There was no disabled sign on the car and the car owner and his other half were quite capable of walking although they did remind me of Harry Enfield's the slobs characters. What is it with scooby owners? Maybe I'm turning into Victor Meldrew. I'm glad that I sold my scoob earlier this year given the sort of people driving scoob's these days. They can't do much for residuals either. On a related note yesterday I was followed by a RB5 that was immaculate driven by a couple who must have both been in their 70s. I hope that I'm up to driving a fast car when I'm that age...
Old 03 November 2003, 12:45 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts
Angry

Sure they didn't put the badge on the dash after parking?

One of them could have heart problems or something of the like.

When I take my Dad anywhere and park in a bay, I only put the badge on after parking (otherwise it slides off the dash - especiall cornering at scooby speeds ). He's got a heart condition and steel plates in both ankles, so although quite mobile and looks physically fit - he can't go too far, and he's 53 so not that old.

Anyway, the amount of times I get cussed at by people jumping to conclusions is irritating. I've even been approached by an old duffer accusing me that it was fraudulant [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] I think many people think it's a OAP's parking pass.

(btw it wasn't me )

[Edited by ALi-B - 11/3/2003 1:02:51 AM]
Old 03 November 2003, 01:48 AM
pele
Scooby Regular

Cool

I have the same problem whe I park in a disabled space and get out - you get people tutting and looking - I have even had people ask me if I'm entitled to park there. My answer is always the same - I would rather park in a 'normal' parking place and have my 3.5 year old son running around, than him being registered disabled and unable to walk. They soon walk away People just don't think and tend to jump to their own conclusions.
Old 03 November 2003, 05:08 AM
f1
Scooby Regular

Location: yeah like ~I'm gonna put it on here and tell you !!!!
I have the same problem, young,I ALWAYS make a point of putting my badge in the window LAST. The looks and comments you get are great. Even had a policeman tell me once that I couldn't park on double yellows !! I showed him the badge, he checked it, threw it through the window jumped in his car and sped off. Looks can be deceiving.
Old 03 November 2003, 08:29 AM
v5 man
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Ignorance is what it is! my wife has rhuemetoid arthritis and can be quite immobile. we like others leave the badges till last when pulling into a disabled bay, cos of sliding around the dash. we have had old and young people try and have a go at us, but as soon as the badges come out, they shoot off to hide in the nearest bush just because my wife is beautiful and trendy and our car is fast, dont me she aint disabled. wonkers!!
If the scoob mentioned in the first post was not carrying d/badges, then shame on them. nowt more annoying than to see people park in restricted bays cos they are fat/lazy/wonkers and cant be bothered to walk the extra 20 metres.

going to work now

cliff
Old 03 November 2003, 08:32 AM
lenny b
Scooby Regular

Talking

you keep drIvin ya mondeo