Sponsored by:

even toddlers can't help staring

Search this Thread

Old 29 October 2003, 02:46 PM
mwp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

parked up in town today and a little kid goes past sitting on the back of mums bike and he nearly breaks his neck staring at the scoob. I pull away to follow and overtake and the kid is doing a 180 to keep looking. as i overtake his mum is giving him a right b@llocking for not sitting straight

...he ignored the Vspec on his left
Old 29 October 2003, 02:47 PM
rb5 286
Scooby Regular

lol pmsl

its when they ride into something that really finishes it off lol
Old 29 October 2003, 05:52 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Smile

also notice the toddler effect. Dont know why they like them, i suppose cause imprezas look so different (P1 gold wheels ) and i bet the noise gets their attention too. All i can think of, as i suspect they are too young to know about cars or play the various rally games.
Old 29 October 2003, 08:23 PM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

This has got to be one of the biggest up's for me of scooby ownership, Just love turning heads everywhere

Tiny...
Old 29 October 2003, 08:48 PM
SNAP
Scooby Regular

At the end of Holiday in Brittany last summer, Lady owner comes to collect keys, etc. Her 2yr old Son (Jean-Baptist), gets out of their car, one look at the STi and he is transfixed/eyes lit up instantly, followed by many French words (I don't speak French) but all interleaved by ...Bvroom!...Bvroom! His Mum seeemd be telling him to calm down or pack it in. I motion to him to get in behind the wheel, shreaky delight, gets in (...Bvroom!...Bvroom!)and dam nearly yonks the steering off. Quite a problem to get him out though as we needed to set off for the ferry. Still going Bvroom...Bvroom as we wave good bye. Who says the French don't appreciate Scooby!
Old 29 October 2003, 09:27 PM
mwp
Scooby Regular

i was at traffic lights the other day and a friend was behind in a boxster ... group of young lads were oggling the scoob and she said (cos she hates the scoob) .. christ was it with your car you'd think it was a ferrari.

boys
Old 30 October 2003, 12:17 AM
GarethE
Scooby Regular

Smile

I'd had the STi 8 about 2 weeks, filling up at the local Shell, when a guy walks over to me " excuse me... could my grandson have a look at your car" as he points to a 5/6 year old with his nose pressed against the rear window of his Mondeo. He leapt out of the car as his grandfather beckoned him over....let him sit in the drivers seat and reved the engine with my left foot....you should have seen the smile on his face....absolutely made my day !!!!

Trending Topics

Old 30 October 2003, 08:07 AM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Had it too with some 13/14 year olds, was filling up and they were buying sweets, when we come out one of them said, THATS a rally car, So I turned and said looking at my car mate?? He said sorry MR. I said hey if you wanna have a look come on over, So one by one they sat in the drivers seat, the look on their faces was priceless and when I started her up their smie went from ear to ear, I was the same at their age and I loved Jaguars and still do and a guy did the same for me when I was their age, he had a brand new 3.8. Jag.........Beautiful car
Cheers
Colin
Old 30 October 2003, 09:26 AM
scoobylav
Scooby Regular

A few months back I was at home just finishing the polishing on the scoob when a guy who was walking along the road with his 10 / 11 year old soon came over. He apologised for interupting but wondered if his son could have a sit in my car as every time his son walks past he talks about MY scoob for the rest of the day.

How chuffed did I feel
Old 30 October 2003, 11:34 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...
Thumbs up

I was sat in a line of traffic a few weeks ago, and parked up on the roadside was a very flash looking Merc. The owner was talking to a mate but his young son (about 6ish) was pointing his tennis racket at me and said "that's a smart car, eh dad!"

His dad looked, then turned back to his mate and said "He never says a word about my car..."
Old 30 October 2003, 12:15 PM
drb5
Scooby Regular

Talking

lol