Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

STi Imports-Bristol - Good or Bad

Search this Thread

Old 17 May 2000, 06:10 PM
Nick C
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a friend who is contemplating spending £20k ish on an STi R. Just wanted to know if anyone has dealt with this company.
Old 17 May 2000, 06:14 PM
Martin Cook
Scooby Regular

What Company?
Old 17 May 2000, 06:29 PM
Martin Cook
Scooby Regular

Red face

Sorry!
Didn't read the topic properly.
Old 17 May 2000, 06:29 PM
steve McCulloch
Scooby Regular

They are as good, if not better than any other - I did not have any real problems with them.

Old 17 May 2000, 08:22 PM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They are connected in some way to Interpro. Many people in the Bristol area do not think much of Interpro.
Old 18 May 2000, 09:30 AM
MorayMackenzie
Scooby Senior

Cool

Nick's right... they are connected to Interpro, and I, for one, and at least 3 other friends have had bad expiriences with Interpro.

I can recommend another competative importer in the area if you like, e-mail me if you want this.

Moray
Old 18 May 2000, 10:04 AM
richards
Scooby Regular

Talking

Moray, why do you keep banging on about Interpro/STi IMPORTS?!! I'd be careful exactly what you say - STi Imports are only connected with Interpro as far as the fact that they share the same building!

Fact:

STi IMPORTS - supplies quality cars at the best prices anywhere.

Interpro - Services/Upgrades Subarus and EVOs ONLY IF YOU WANT THEM TO!

In any case, I have had work done by Interpro and have been very happy with Dave Griffiths the proprietor of Interpro. I personally feel he REALLY knows his stuff and have seen him to be meticulous and patient in his work. (He also is a top driver by the way!)

STi IMPORTS only supply the vehicles, so you are NOT bound to use Interpro to service or to carry out any performance upgrades on your purchases.

I know all this because I've bought 3 cars from them in the past 2 years and am getting my fourth this summer! And I know plenty of other people that keep going back to STi IMPORTS. Speak to Dave Morgan for customer references if you need reassurance.

Dave M, the proprietor of STi IMPORTS, is a top chap - he really tries hard to make you happy, more so than your average dealer. You're going to be pushed to find anyone else who provides such a personable service.

Just my tuppence worth...

Rich.
Old 18 May 2000, 09:33 PM
bob
Scooby Regular

I don’t think Moray is banging on about Interpro/Sti Imports. But I know he is going on about the Interpro side of things. He has had a few friends that have had to limp home from there.
I have had a chat with Dave Morgan and he seems like a very nice and honest chap who has built his company on good deeds and is well respected by his customers. I have not heard anything bad about Sti Imports and I only live down the road.
Interpro seems to be a differant story.
I used Interpro for my rolling road reports only £80 a time so a small amount dearer than PowerStation at £15 or PE at £40. I tried to get a superchip from Interpro and they told me they would have to order it from superchip and it would take a week or two to arrive. A month later they told me superchip was having trouble with the Impreza chip. 3 months later I was told superchips have gotten over the problem and normal service would be resumed soon.
After another month I was given another poor excuse so I phoned Superchip myself and was told that I could get a chip from them the very next day but they would not send Interpro one. My credit card was refused as they said they had problems with there phone so I had to walk to the bank to get money to pay them, My car was finished but they would not let me use it, I had to walk.
I have found the excuses they have given me are very poor and they also conflict with other well-known companies. How can I do business with a company like this?
Moray your turn.
Bob Iles
Old 18 May 2000, 10:57 PM
MorayMackenzie
Scooby Senior

Cool

thanks Bob.

richards,

I am always careful what I say, as you would probably have noticed if you had read more of my posts. I am assuming this isn't the case, as you seem to be acusing me of spreading malicious rumours, or maybe even a form of libel.

Before casting angry accusations at me please do a search on the BBS archive to find out exactly why I don't wholeheartedly recommend your favorite importers related (sister?) company, Interpro Engineering/Interpro Automotive.

How many other people you actually know who have had any work done at Interpro? I am sure there do have other satisfied customers, but I can't remember meeting many of them, and I have met a quite number of their customers.

I am not making up stories about Interpro to scare people away, I am simply offering the benefit of painful and expensive expiriences (mine and others I know) to try and warn others to be at least cautious. Sharing information is what this BBS is about.

The companies are connected in some way, even if it really is, as you imply, just because they share the same premises.

I haven't written anything about STI Imports other than the link with Interpro as I don't have any real expirience with or definite information about them (that I can post here).

BTW: Dave Griffiths is the only guy I have met at Interpro that I would trust with my car now. I have also met Dave Morgan, and he seemed to be a nice chap, and he is also a bit handy behind the wheel.

Moray

[This message has been edited by MorayMackenzie (edited 18-05-2000).]