ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

STi questions

Search this Thread

Old 18 May 2000, 03:25 PM
Martin Home
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I'm in the process of upgrading from a UK MY98 to STi and have a few questions I am sure one of you can help me with...

When were version 6's introduced and what are the main differences over a version 5?

What is done on the first 1000 mile service? And what could be the consequences of this not having been done?

Should all STi's be run on SUL (a frequent debate I know) BUT what is the difference between 97 and 98 RON -one, don't tell me

Thanks in advance,
Martin

[This message has been edited by Martin Home (edited 18-05-2000).]
Old 18 May 2000, 06:36 PM
Reza
Scooby Regular

Version 6 was introduced, 7.9.99 and has small aerodynamic modifications on the front and rear spoiler, plus some slight suspension modifications.

Apparently it's recommended to run the STi 5 & 6 on as higher RON as possible to avoid pistons melting.

I know of someone who is waiting for a revised ecu/modification for his STi 5 so he can run confidently on 97RON SUL. Until then he doesn't exceed about 5500rpm to be on the safe side.
Old 18 May 2000, 06:41 PM
Ian Sutton
Scooby Regular

I own a STI V5 from new, the V6 was bought out late last year there are only two differences, a slightly modified bottom edge to front spoiler (if u notice) and rear spoiler again slightly different (yes if u notice) both cars are unbadged in the way that unless you pick up on the extra inch on the front and measure the angles on the rear spoier you won't guess if its a V5 or 6.

Ohh unless its Banana yellow as that was the new colour introduced for the V6.

As for the servicing , its no different to the U.K cars. 1,000 mile service~ oil change and check on fluids..although i was broked heavely and left with a scooby sport back box and ITG air filter....NICE!

Now im SS down pipe, AP brake kit ,MIM 17 inch wheels and CIBIE lights.

It is like a drug ..be warned

...have fun ..Ian