Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAO - All people that took part in the EBC brake test

Search this Thread

Old 10 March 2003, 02:31 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll give what feed back i can to Andy asap..... i have only tested the greens so far tho and these have maybe covered 3000 miles. The reds should go on in the near future tho so i'll forward my findings as soon as i have them.....

I'd also like to thank Andy and EBC for organising this.

Tony.

[Edited by Tone Loc - 10/3/2003 2:31:59 PM]
Old 03 October 2003, 11:12 AM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi folks,

Can I firstly say thankyou very much primarily to Andy Freeman at EBC, for allowing us to take part in this test/feedback. Secondly, a big thanks to the community that offered (and indeed were selected) to partake in this test.

As you may appreciate the idea of the test, was to get feedback on the products(s) so that any possible changes could be investigated to get the product right. Can the members that partook in this, please post there feedback on what they found, concerning these products. Andy would love to hear feedback from everyone on the good or the bad. He wants genuine "right between the eyes" comments. This way he can make them better, and eventually know "they're just right".

Regards,
Shaun.

Old 03 October 2003, 11:19 AM
Fatman
Scooby Regular

Would EBC like part-completed feedback forms returned as well?
Old 03 October 2003, 02:01 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Fatman,

I presume it depends on what has not been completed.

Regards,
Shaun.
Old 03 October 2003, 02:42 PM
Fatman
Scooby Regular

The feedback forms are intended to be filled-in at certain mileage intervals. The last of these is 20,000 miles after fitting the pads. That's quite a long time for EBC to wait before receiving their paperwork back. I was wondering if they'd like to receive part-completed forms at this stage, or if they're happy to wait until the pads are changed - i.e. web feedback only at this time.
Old 03 October 2003, 03:31 PM
-rocky-
Scooby Regular

20k on ebc pads LOL

I hope they are better than what the toyota mr2 ebc greenstuff pads are made of I destroyed a set with 1 month.
Old 03 October 2003, 03:57 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Smile

I have only had 500 miles on my 1st set

Trending Topics

Old 03 October 2003, 04:00 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Fatman,

Sorry I misunderstood.

Keep the forms until you have completed your mileage, but can you (and everyone else) post comments on this thread to what you have found so far, positves and negatives.

Mant thanks.
Shaun.
Old 03 October 2003, 04:10 PM
jpmason33
Scooby Regular

I have the Red stuff on my 2 pots

After the bedding in period i went for a spirited drive for about 30 mins, after about 25mins i suffered major break fade!

Went home and found that my brakes were smoking quite heavily. Since then they have been well behaved though, with excellent initial bite, however they do sqeal a bit, i am worried that i may have cooked them a little.

I am due to have the MOT done next week and will get them off to have a proper look

J
Old 03 October 2003, 05:10 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
My feedback is on the main thread. http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...223712&Page=14

Andy is interested in any information you can give him, do it via this thread for now, you can then keep updating is as the miles pile on.

After my initial testing on track they are sending me another set of pads of a diferent compound to try for track plus have sent another set of reds for me to try purely on road.

Old 04 October 2003, 09:59 AM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Many thanks for the feedback you gave John.

Regards,
Shaun
Old 06 October 2003, 09:23 PM
Fatman
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I've been running the V3/DP31200 'Reds' for 1300 miles now. My experience has been entirely positive so far. Previously, I was running Pagid 4.2.1 'Blacks' so that's my reference point.

The EBCs have been a bit more squealy throughout their life on my car, but never to excess. They bite harder than the Pagids from cold, and they're stronger when warm as well. My miles have been all road use, with very few long B-road sessions. I've been experienced any fade so far, although that may be more to do with my usual pattern of A-road driving with heavy braking at junctions. Perhaps the brakes are allowed to cool sufficiently in A-road use?

I've not taken the pads off yet, so can't comment on the alleged crumbling which John found with his Reds. However, I've not felt any pedal sensation that would suggest it's happening. Similarly, since they're only a few weeks old I don't know if they're eating the discs excessively. There's no obvious scoring/marking of the discs anyway.

The wheels don't look as dirty either, since the brake dust is lighter than most black compounds! So far so good

The Reds seem to work well on my car for road use. It will be interesting to try the Greens afterwards. However, I can't see me using the Yellows getting much use any time soon.

[Edited by Fatman - 10/6/2003 9:27:49 PM]