Sponsored by:

P1

Search this Thread

Old 30 September 2003, 09:24 AM
marky1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi

New here and don't really know too much about the impreza but thinking of selling my dreaded TT and jumping ship. Does anyone know when the P1 will be out in the UK and what the prices will be like. Also how do you guys think the impreza compares with the Evolution VIII

Cheers

Mark
Old 30 September 2003, 09:40 AM
Andy McCord
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Marky have a look here
P1, when will it be out, its been out years mate, or im missing something
EVO8, faster track day car, Scoob, better everyday car
just my opinion
Old 30 September 2003, 09:44 AM
marky1
Scooby Regular

aha ok. I thought there was a new 2003 model but it was not out yet. Tell me what is the quickest Impreza you can buy - seems to be so many models and I'm a little confused about it all!

Cheers

Mark
Old 30 September 2003, 11:40 AM
AudiMan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Mark,
I think the quickest UK Scoob available is the STi8 with PPP, to compare to Evo you would have to drive both and draw your own conclusions (I'd go for the Sti every time),
Both cars are completely different from the TT, they have 4 seats for a start !, and MUCH faster.. even someone like myself who runs a pretty standard Classic shape Scoob has yet to have a serious challenge from a TT.
Take the plunge,, you won't be disapointed,, I wasn't.

Ian..
Old 30 September 2003, 05:00 PM
marky1
Scooby Regular

Ian

thanks for that - I take it PPP is some kind of prodrive performance pack? So basically it is the WRX sti uk type which is on the subaru website with a PPP package?

I heard, but may be confused here, that there is a 2003 model P1 coming out some time towards the end of the year. Is this correct?

As for the TT I've had enough of it, just too common now and need 4 decent size seats so it's gotta go!

Mark
Old 30 September 2003, 05:11 PM
AudiMan
Scooby Regular

No P1 (that was a limited edition 2 door classic shape), the only other option is a Spec C, which I don't know much about and think is an import only.
Sti8 with PPP is about £26k (I think), I've been in one and driven one and it is one seriously quick car. Makes my Classic feel slow !!.
You will notice a difference in build quality even with the new cars and your TT, my Audi A3 (metalic black) had NO stone chips after 3 years of driving, not so my Scoob.. but as you say 4 seats and a boot comes in very handy..

Ian