Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

STI8/9 help?

Search this Thread

Old 22 September 2003, 09:49 PM
Spock
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone. Im knew to this website and am looking to buy my first scooby.

I have been reading some of the threads on here and was after some advice.

I know the Import STI9's are mostly new in this country, and i love the spec. Im still undecided on whether to try and get one of these or whether to go for a UK spec...maybe an STI 8.

I was wondering what your thoughts were?

Any advice would be appreciated. Am hoping to make the purchase pretty soon! Thank you
Old 22 September 2003, 10:27 PM
greasemonkey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best way to sort this one out is to draw up a list of pro's and con's for both sides.

The Japanese market STi 9's have considerably better spec levels than the UK equivalents, including more power via a better engine, and the DCCD which gives much more entertaining handling. They will need to be remapped for UK fuel or run on octane booster once over here, and the price differentials that once existed have narrowed considerably.

In contrast, the UK STi will give you the assurance of support through all of the established dealer network, easy (though not necessarily more profitable) resale, and a three year official warranty.

If it was me, I know which way I'd jump, but make the list yourself and you'll soon be able to decide which suits your needs best.