Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MY 03 WRX SEATS ????

Search this Thread

Old 22 September 2003, 09:09 PM
nambarrie
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My mate has just bought a new UK WRX from a subaru dealer in london and it has the exact same bucket seats as my E U 03 import.

According to a few posts on here the seats are supposed to be different.
Old 22 September 2003, 09:33 PM
Ajax
Scooby Regular

EU = No side Airbags or Locking wheel nuts

UK = You get them

Dont know why !
Old 22 September 2003, 09:35 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
Price.
Old 22 September 2003, 10:56 PM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Received 229 Likes on 168 Posts
Seats have to be different on LHD models as the passenger seats don't get the height adjust so the levers have to be on the other side!

As for side airbags, I can only speak for Germany, but they get them on all models except the STi which has different seats.

Your correct about the locking wheel nuts though, and Germany also doesn't get the cat1 alarm system - but they don't need them - why would anyone want to steel a Subaru?
Old 23 September 2003, 08:22 PM
nambarrie
Scooby Newbie

Can anyone else shed any light on this matter, facts only,
or is it just slavering retards on this forum that know FAK ALL

90% OF POSTS ARE FROM SLAVERING *******S
Old 23 September 2003, 08:33 PM
Melina
Scooby Regular

I have heard that Subaru is very secretive about who supplies their seats.
I have worked for a seat manufacturer before and normally we delivered just-in time/sequence to the car maker at the exact specifications of the consumer, 2 hours before they were supposed to be installed. Maybe no direct help but at least illuminating.
Old 23 September 2003, 08:35 PM
DJ140
Scooby Regular

Does it have side airbags in the seats? If not it sounds like an import, bucket seats, ie ones without airbadgs are only available on import WRX's
Old 25 September 2003, 11:35 PM
Wskibuoy
Scooby Regular

I have an 03 EU import (Belgium) - they come with sports seats which are similar in shape to the STI seat and have no side airbags. I think they look better and certainly keep you wedged in better, they are comfy too but I find they can get a little uncomfortable for the thighs on a long journey - anyone else find this? I believe sports seats were offered as an option on earlier models. Only the seats and no alarm differenciate this car from a UK vehicle.
Old 26 September 2003, 12:27 AM
blitzboy1
Scooby Regular

From wot i can see of the WRX seats the base seems to be the same as the seats in the sport.

Blitz.
Old 26 September 2003, 07:36 AM
Tony MY03WRX
Scooby Regular

nambarrie
I think your last post was a bit harsh!!!

"is it just slavering retards on this forum that know FAK ALL"

If you dont like the replies why dont you pi$$ off and join some other forum?

Tony
Old 26 September 2003, 07:49 AM
Melina
Scooby Regular

I agree with Tony.
"slavering retards" Nambarri is displaying all the typical symptoms of stress. He has obviously promised someone to deliver the response fast at the expense of other peoples time. Smart.
Old 26 September 2003, 08:18 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

A prime example of how to endear yourself to a forum, well done mate. Here, have your toy back - I think you threw it out of the pram

There has been a lot of confusion about this.

It used to be the absolute case that UK cars were supplied with side airbag seats. Apparently some UK dealers are allowing cars to be ordered without side airbags, but this isn't listed as an option and the brochure makes a mention of the safety of side airbag seats... My dealer knows nothing about any seat option.

In the EU, the baseline WRX model excludes side airbag seats. When I was looking at importing, they were a cost option. To my knowledge, you have to specify the airbags at the time of ordering if you want 'em.

Some suppliers, notably motorpoint and some other importers, are supplying cars as "full uk spec" but the cars do not have the correct seats. If this happened to me, I would be shouting loudly at them about trade descriptions etc.

Hope this helps somewhat. There's still a fair bit of confusion.

Cheers,
Nick.
PS - I managed to get through this without mentioning insurance
Old 26 September 2003, 08:54 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Insurance

Bl00dy hell Chiark - well done.
Old 26 September 2003, 09:15 AM
Wild Mark
Scooby Regular

Hey nambarrie, read the posts prior to you comment about slavering bla bla bla, firstly, you have been on the forum two minutes, and the comments people posted were ok, not sure why you slagged them off, but more importantly....why are you giving a **** about the same seats....does it matter?

Mark

PS A word of advise, if you want answers to questions, take the good with the bad, act like a dick, and thats what you will get!
Take the advise or not.
Old 26 September 2003, 09:23 AM
crispyduck
Scooby Regular

chiark is correct.

Belgium imports (I assume other EU countries as well) you can choose your seats either Bucket or Sports (a.k.a UK ones if you prefer). If I wanted Sports seats it was a 100 euro option as they include side airbags.

The reason UK dealers to not give you guys the option is simple. As a UK customer you would want a very short lead time for delivery of your car, as this is the only advantage of buying in this country ;-) To cost effectively achieve this, dealers have to pre-order Scooby's all the time (about a 5-6 months order from factory), so they make the options "simple" for you (and them!). The seats are factory fit, so to achieve the same delivery time (days or weeks), they would have to order twice as many cars!

Their reasons make business sense, however I think they are missing a trick by not allowing the same options as other EU countries. Even the EU options brochure has more things in it - oh and cheaper! This should by no means be a surprise as other prestige manufacturers do the same to even a greater level, namely BMW et. al.

Take a look at the seat difference on Subaru's corporate web site. Wait for the flashy demo then click on the drivers seat to see the options:
http://www.subaru-global.com/lineup/...edan/interior/

A word of warning. IMHO the bucket seats are better (I tried both for a week before I bought) but unless you are slim-jim or of "average" build you will most likely find the bucket seat a bit of a squeeze.
-Steve.

[Edited by stevecrisp - 9/26/2003 9:28:33 AM]
Old 26 September 2003, 12:40 PM
mattstant
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Its the one area a find my o3 ppp to be much worse than my old my99 those seat were spot on loads of support and still comfy for a long journey.
The new seats are comfy but too wide and no where near enough lateral support