Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

P1 vs Evo VI T.M.E Stripe

Search this Thread

Old 21 September 2003, 07:30 AM
fastmoverP1AH
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a P1 at the moment and am thinking of changing it for an Evo VI makinen what do people think and why should i stay with the P1 or look at a different car cheers for your help.
Old 21 September 2003, 09:51 AM
Dan_Pulsar
Scooby Newbie

i like the P1 but the Mac just has the look about it, and the thought of having a titanium turbo or what ever it is sound like it will love getting thrashed everyday. the 6 has to be the most agresive look about it and with the Mac styling it looks the dogs, ive seen a one in a dark blue with a purple tint in it(was a JDM one) and it looked fab, ive got a STI type R but it would be a Mac for me if i had the money

Sy-Wannabe, using by bros user.

Old 21 September 2003, 10:01 AM
C
Scooby Regular

read martin J Stirlings post on the members gallery on here....

Went from an Evo 6 to a P1 & back to an Evo...

I had a P1, I now drive an Evo, I wouldnt go back to a scoob for a number of reasons

Servicing costs the same for me (used to get the P1 done every 6 months anyway) insurance is a little more but what they hell...

An honest opinion - I believe the Evo is simply a better car

I do miss the noise of a scoob tho

Old 23 September 2003, 07:41 PM
fastmoverP1AH
Scooby Regular

Ok i leaning towards the evo VI now as nearly everyone i speak says go for it but still not 100 % conviced as i do love my P1 anyone else have any opinions i would like to them all and reasons why. There may be things i havent't considered cheers for help guys.
Old 23 September 2003, 08:56 PM
nellie
Scooby Regular

can anyone tell me what a EVO8 RS is,i know what a GSR and a FQ300 are and the extremes,just wondered what the Spec on a 8RS is?....cheers in advance
Old 23 September 2003, 09:14 PM
jag_h
Scooby Regular

i looked at both these cars and ended up goin for the P1. although the EVO felt rawer and more nimble on the road, i couldnt afford the 4.5k service intervals. plus my insurance company wanted an extra grand for the Mak.

It is a great car, but can be (if you do enough miles) a lot more expensive to maintain.

if i could afford it, i would defo choose the mak over the scoob for driving experience...
Old 24 September 2003, 10:24 AM
Martin J Stirling
Scooby Regular

Smile

Here's my comparison, from my post in the member's gallery.

"In terms of comparison to the P1, well really there's no comparison matey. The P1 is a rapid, comfortable car for everyday use, but apart from the lovely flat four melody, I found it very dissapointing compared with the Evo VI that I had owned previously. To drive, despite it's speed, I found the P1 too ordinary and unexciting to drive - dare I say 'SOFT'?

The Evo on the other hand is a totally different experience, it's basically a no compromise, no sellout, rally car, with sublime grip and handling and an overall ability that never ceases to amaze me.

As soon as I got the P1, I longed to be in the Evo again. There's something about the rawness that is simply addictive, and that cannot be matched by the later incarnations - more capable they may be, but the experience is not the same..

You should try one mate, you never know, you might like it "

Only U can decide thou'.

Mart.

[Edited by Martin J Stirling - 9/24/2003 10:25:29 AM]