Loser => long pause => Winner!

Search this Thread

Old 15 September 2003, 08:43 AM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Wow!

I thought I'd missed out on a prize driving STi7's at Rockingham by finishing 2nd in the Fantasy WRC results for Australia.

...However...

I was emailed on Friday by the organisers to say the 1st place guy was not eligible for the prize, so I get it instead! On top of that, my name will go into the hat at the end of the season and I may even get to go to Monaco for the start of next season!

So a big thanks to Solberg, Mills, Prodrive and Subaru... (Oh, and those Citroen driving johnnies, I suppose )

Anyone driven at Rockingham?

Squizz.
(Winner apparently)
Old 15 September 2003, 08:50 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Rockingham is fantastic - it's the only track I've driven on, and I loved it to bits

I've driven both a WRX and STI there. The 6 speed box on the STI was harder work, but ultimately it was faster...

And if you're getting instruction thrown in, listen to the instructors - they're brilliant
Old 15 September 2003, 09:14 AM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Cheers, Chiark.

Just checked out available dates on the website, and they include my birthday in October. I hope my voucher comes soon, as I'd love to spend my birthday doing that, especially as I'll be... 35!

Old 15 September 2003, 09:29 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Is it a full day out with single seater, off-roading, etc? I thought the offroading would be dull, but it was actually fantastic. The single seater was a real buzz, and I'd have loved to spend all day doing that - but time ran out too quick.

The highlight was the instructor-led driving on the track. This was a "subaru/isuzu" organised day, so you'll probably be doing something different, but it was fantastic.

The rockingham track has IMHO everything: from a real sod of a hairpin, through to a fantastic left/right before a large-ish right hander that when you get it just right will make you utterly appreciate the racing line and everything that the instructors are trying to teach you . If the instructors take you out before you drive, make sure that they give you a "showman" lap - you would never believe how sideways a car can be for how large a percentage of the track . These guys are good!!!

Lucky sod, I'd love to do all that again

Cheers,
Nick.
Old 15 September 2003, 05:59 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Thumbs up

Squizz,
You lucky sod If you can't make it i can help you out

Tony