Sponsored by:

Got pulled by the old bill @ 5.15AM

Search this Thread

Old 12 September 2003, 01:21 PM
WRX Wannabe
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Was just on my way to a first light Tee off @ golf and as i pulled out of my road an old bill car passed me.

It made a sharp u-turn(i knew i was gonna be pulled) and followed me for a couple of miles

As i turned @ a set of traffic lights another 3 police cars appeared and then on came the blue lights

The reason being THEY just wanted to make sure the car was mine as it was a NICE LOOKING SCOOBY()and with loads being nicked they are on the look out

As soon as i stepped out of the car they new it was mine as i was dressed like a **** (golf course etiquette)

Fair play to them because IF it was nicked they would have only got 2 miles
Old 12 September 2003, 01:24 PM
Project ST
Scooby Regular

You could have been a very clever car thief going dressed "incognito" to rob cars... a-hem.
Old 12 September 2003, 01:46 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

Followed for a couple of miles Dont you just hate it when they wait and wait and wait.....

As soon as i think im going to get pulled over i pull myself over, turn the ingnition off and when/if they pull in behind me, i get out of the car and walk over to their car with a friendly smile on my face

Normally works a treat and sometimes they just keep on driving passed, leaving me to pull out again with the sight of plod in my rear view mirror.
Old 12 September 2003, 02:16 PM
WRX Wannabe
Scooby Regular

The reason it was for a couple of miles was so the could get the other 3 cars as they made the stop

I suppose they wanted more cars incase i did not stop
Old 12 September 2003, 02:20 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

LOL yeh, how his plans would have been mashed if you'd pulled over ater 300 yards LOL!!! Can hear the comms now...

"Need 3 cars urgently to pull suspected stolen scoob..... Oh hang on he's pulled in"

"Cancel that"
Old 12 September 2003, 02:22 PM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

Normally works a treat and sometimes they just keep on driving passed, leaving me to pull out again with the sight of plod in my rear view mirror.
eh?? How does that work then, when they drive past you from behind?
Old 12 September 2003, 02:25 PM
AK47
Scooby Regular

Talking

i had that once...when they finally pulled me over and said you're driving rather cautiously sir?

I thought you stupid ****, it's a 30 zone and I'm not going to go fifty with you behind my backside am I? doh!

Trending Topics

Old 12 September 2003, 02:26 PM
P1-day
Scooby Regular

where abouts r u then if the boys in blue r saying there a quit a few scoobys going missing?? (not so that i can nick 1)

Old 12 September 2003, 02:31 PM
Franko
Scooby Regular

Good that they're on the look out...

I've been driving for 9 years now...
Before i got my scoob wich was only 6months ago i'd NEVER been pulled over.. since i've had my scooby i've been pulled over 7times! and thats twice in the first week of owning it...

In the first instance my motor was still registered to its previous owner who was 200miles away so i wasn't surprised when they pulled me over.

A few times i was told "we're just making sure it hasn't been stolen as we are on the look out for one just like this"

Its good that they check up etc... but i get the feeling they just pick on you because you got a fast car... most thives loitar around in uninsured very common motors...
Then again cops cant stop everyone so they gota choose whatever catches their eye..

Old 12 September 2003, 02:54 PM
WRX Wannabe
Scooby Regular

P1-Day:

I am in Watford(Garston)

I did not know it was a problem in this area

I think it was more to do with the time i was driving
Old 12 September 2003, 04:27 PM
talizman
Scooby Regular

IMO opinion, it can only be a good thing getting spot-pulls, as it could be Joe The Tea Leaf driving it when they decide to check it out!

I was pulled on my way home from work at around 3am, so I can understand them being suspicious/nosey as most Scoobys are stolen during the hours of darkness.

Still a pain in the **** though as I'd just spent the last 9 hours talking to coppers and wanted my bed!
Old 12 September 2003, 05:11 PM
WRX Wannabe
Scooby Regular

I did not even have to do a producer
Old 12 September 2003, 06:08 PM
Deako1
Scooby Regular

Any half decent motor that I spot driving about between the hours of 0300 and 0600 gets a pull...

I appreciate that it can annoy some owners, but if it was MY scoob that had been nicked, I'd want to know the cops were on the ball.

And I'm on nights tonight, so if you're out and about in the Merseyside area, maybe we'll meet up!!
Old 12 September 2003, 06:09 PM
Poor Guy
Scooby Regular

u should have given it some throttle. Oh sorry officer, heard about these carjackings and cars following scoobs all over the shop.
Old 12 September 2003, 06:16 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

Where does the law stand on the old "Ahhh, weve had a report of one of these going missing tonight sir"

Do you guys really need an excuse to pull someone over?

A valid one i mean.
Old 12 September 2003, 06:18 PM
talizman
Scooby Regular

Boro,

The Road Traffic Act 1988 empowers any constable in uniform to stop a vehicle travelling on a public road and inspect the drivers documents etc etc etc.

So the answer is no, no reason required.
Old 12 September 2003, 08:52 PM
Chris29
Scooby Regular

Someones got the beat officers companion!!!! For bonus points which section of the RTA is it??

As for the Mersey boy (sorry can't remember name) i'm exactly the same, any scoob on nights is pulled (i do admit though a few have got away, Kingsway in Manchester is 2 miles in a very straight line and i drive an Astra!!). This gets two reactions as i always explain that i pull decent cars to make sure they're with there dads/mums, the first is 'nice one, thanks for that' the second usually starts 'O boss i've already got a producaa!' It's an unfortunate fact that scoobies are owned by two types of people, people like ourselves who look after our cars obsessively (just washed mine in the dark) and those who want some respect for their motor and a way of getting away if need be!
Old 12 September 2003, 09:02 PM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Deako Ill bear that in mind when I go out for some munchies early in the morning

Ive had lots of traffic/patrol cars eyeing up me in my scoob, but have never been followed or stopped yet

Dont mind if they do, at least they are checking on my car

Police Training Unit is a couple of doors away from me, so always plenty of officers about watching

Old 12 September 2003, 09:13 PM
WRX Wannabe
Scooby Regular

Deako I & Chris 29

As you both are police officers do YOU really expect people to carry driving documents in the car with them?

I NEVER have them in my car for the simple reason if it gets STOLEN then they would be in the wrong hands

On this occasion the police officer asked if i had them but i explaind my reason for not leaving them in my car and they were fine with that

Old 12 September 2003, 09:21 PM
petes555
Scooby Regular

Im with Sonic ,Nice to know there on the look out !

They are the first one you will be contacting if ( God forbid ) it did go missing ?
Old 12 September 2003, 09:30 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

WRX Wannabe, exactly no1 leaves documents in the car!!!
Old 12 September 2003, 09:48 PM
talizman
Scooby Regular

In that respect the law is a bit of an a$$, as it requires you to have your documents on you at all times, and it is in fact an offence not to have them.

But, due to the fact that it is complete stupidity to leave dicsa in the car, we have the wonderful HORT1's or producers.

Try explaining to your insurers that you haven't got your log book, MOT, or even your certificate number as you left them all in your car prior to it being stolen!!!

You'd be as well leaving the keys too!
Old 12 September 2003, 10:51 PM
specialx
Former Sponsor

photocard driving licence is all you need that proves it is you nuff said.
Old 12 September 2003, 11:02 PM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

A photcard driving licence without the counterfoil is merely a glorified ID card.

I can't believe some people on here. One minute you're saying that all the police do is stop speeders. Then there's outcry when someone gets their house burgled overnight for the keys to the Impreza on the driveway.... and to cap it all off, there are people whinging about being stopped at about the time that a lot of these Hanoi burlgaries are committed!

Its quite funny really.

(and I do know there are some genuine appreciative S'Netters out there )
Old 12 September 2003, 11:47 PM
Stringpants1
Scooby Regular

Cool

Lets have a laugh here then.......Marks out of 10 for the local plod where YOU live....general stuff...car stopping....politeness.....reason for stopping you.....Your interpretation of the whole deal...OUT OF 10????
Old 13 September 2003, 03:47 AM
Freak
Scooby Regular

minus 4
and thats being generous

[Edited by Freak - 9/13/2003 3:47:59 AM]
Old 13 September 2003, 10:38 AM
talizman
Scooby Regular

To be fair, the average law abiding citizen doesn't come into contact with the police an awful lot, therefore what gives us the right to judge how good/bad they are doing their job?

I'm not going to stick up for the police side, as it just gives me good reason to don my flame retardent suit in anticipation of the unfair comments that always tend to follow!

Example -: If a person has one interaction with the police in year, and the cop was really cool, you will think the police are great guys.

Yet if the same person has had 10 occasions to speak to the cops and 2 out of 10 were a.holes, you will think that cops are *****.

Its what we do, we generalise and stereotype.

Any kind of opinion poll is pointless.
Old 13 September 2003, 10:54 AM
Chod
Scooby Regular

Marks out of ten on whether opinion polls are useless.
Old 13 September 2003, 11:08 AM
BlackScoobyWRX
Scooby Regular

That was actually very well put talizman.
Touch wood and all that - I believe the average policeman might run a number plate check, to see if its been reported stolen, but other than that they leave you alone. People don't go to all the trouble to polish up a stolen car - do they?? !!
Old 13 September 2003, 12:02 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

Cant remember the last time i was pulled over for a routine check.

A few weeks back i was parked up eating a kebab at 1am (munchies) and a passing plod came over. We had a quick chat about nothing and he went. Id like to think he remembered my reg number and checked it after he left

Quick Reply: Got pulled by the old bill @ 5.15AM