Sponsored by:

Who's voice is missing??

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2003, 10:12 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

After reading another thread for big end failure and cars being stolen with supposed approved systems i notice one very important voice is missing...

we have responses from owners who care passionatly about there cars, we have advice from mechcanics, the legal profession(by jury)!!and the automotive trade supply or sale

and we have responses from the 5 oh squad..

but sadly missing from all this lot is !Subaru!

come on!!! there must be some one out there who works for subaru who drives one of ther vehicles and is on a board...

why no official response to the big end failure problem.. the supposed imobiliser issues and the extortianate cost of spares and servicing (and it is... regardless of what they tell you)

The webmaster seems to be able to provide the ultimate prize now and again... how about providing or inviting someone from Subaru to view and respond to the customer base..

it might make them aware that despite Mr JD power simnging there praises they are some not so happy ... or just plain curious people out there...

add your comments please

Mart
Old 03 September 2003, 10:50 PM
scoobycar60
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dont hold your breath!

In the cold light of day they probably see very little to be gained by it. As is the nature of BBS's in general 90% of the posts would be from the 10% who feel they have a complaint to air and require a response.Added to that everyone has an opinion on what Subaru should be offering on this or that model (my favorite beef is why no wash wipe on UK saloons )
Why bother, its a no win senario for them! Any official answer would be quoted and disected to death etc

I doubt many would pat them on the back and say well done keep up the good work!

It always surprises and pleases me that Prodrive are game to come on here and maintain a helpful information flow despite some occasional heavy flaming by people (myself included!) who cant wait for the latest offering! Well Done!
Old 04 September 2003, 12:10 AM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Prodrive seem to be happy to contribute when they think it's of benefit, they are on the whole enthusiasts and are keen on the performance aspects of the marque. Of course they are selling products such as PPP so it's in their interests to be involved and keep an eye on what users of the BBS think and do, but i think there is more to it than that, they seem to care about what we think of their products and the competition and show an interest in what we get upto. I think they would like to be able to contribute more, but they have comercial issues at stake which is bound to restrict their input.

IM on the other hand dont seem to give a damn about the online comunity, in fact i would go so far as to say they see it in a very negative light, with people modding cars they warant and learning there are other alternatives such as imports to drive with higher specs than the UK cars they sell at a higher price.

I dont see IM (Subaru UK) changing their attitude and seeing they could do their image a lot of good by contributing, it would be a pleasant surprise if they did.

Do any car manufacturers/oficial importers ever contribute to any BBS's?