Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

MY 03 Wagon's what colour ?? Pics pls..

Search this Thread

Old 27 August 2003, 11:55 AM
JimmyRB5PRO
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK all thinking of geting a new 03 wagon, what's the best colour and anyone got any pics of their own ???

Pls post ......
Old 27 August 2003, 11:59 AM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Silver is a good colour, it's easy to keep looking clean, does'nt show scratches,stone chips, is fairly anonymous and suits the wagon shape better IMHO.

Blue is the traditional Subaru colour and probably offers a better bet come resale(more popular). Have a look in the members gallery to see which you prefer.
Old 27 August 2003, 12:05 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

I've seen all colours now, and have a silver myself so am biased

I've seen blue on a couple and, to be honest, I didn't like it on the wagon but others will absolutely love it. It just didn't look quite right to my eyes, and I can't say way.

Silver looks very smart IMHO, and is quite "stealthy" in a "don't look at me, I'm just a plain old silver estate car" type of manner. Still looks good tho. I'm planning on having the windows tinted to smoke or light smoke too, which finishes it off nicely what with the accoutrements being black (roof rails, window surrounds etc)

Black looks absolutely stunning when clean, as it has a copper/gold flecking in it. Keeping it clean is a nightmare though . I seriously considered the black and having seen one clean it made me regret it. Then I remembered that my first car was black and needed cleaning about twice a week to keep it looking respectable.

When I picked it up (no side protection strips, no colour coded sills)

Colour coded sills with side protection strips

I've seen one with colour coded side protection strips in silver, that looks good too.

Cheers,

Nick.
Old 27 August 2003, 12:15 PM
JimmyRB5PRO
Scooby Regular

Cheer for the quick replies guys, i to like the silver, but am strangly drawn towards the red aswell never had a red car !!

looks better with the side skits painted the same colour - do the side strips actually prevent/stop the ever so common door dents ??

keep the pics coming......have had a quick look in the gallery not many 03 wagons their yet ....
Old 27 August 2003, 12:20 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

The side protection strips worked on my old car to a certain degree, so I would heartily recommend them.

The colour coding of the skirts finishes the car. You can't see the effect of black skirts in the first picture as the car is in shadow, but colour coding has the effect of "lowering" the car as it appears that the car goes further to the floor than it used to, if you get my drift.

The new "red" is very very "red". I've only seen pictures in the EVO review of the PPP upgrade... Hmm... Dunno...

I love the old mica red colour, like P20SPD's wagon, but it is no longer available for God only knows what reason. Same with DBM, not available

Happy choosing
Old 27 August 2003, 12:54 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

I think red or silver would be best for a wagon - as chiark states WR Blue just doesn't look right on wagons, but the old Dark Blue Metallic suited it very well. I currently have a black 02 wagon and it really is a b!tch to keep clean and shows up every blemish though it looks proper sexy when clean
I did see a red one on the motorway not long since and thought it looked pretty good (reminded me of my old XR3i !!). It would be a good choice if you wanted to stand out from the crowd. Or just go for silver if you want to blend in with the masses !

Old 27 August 2003, 01:45 PM
kentscooby2
Scooby Regular

Wink

mmm - might get my missus to write this reply - as it's the only genuine input she had on my new purchase "don't get Scooby Blue as it's too obvious, almost common".

these threads are great - cos nobody says "I bought the yellow but wish it had been white" - i.e. all hugely biased.

Mine - Silver 03 Wagon PPP
Agree with others:

+
looks clean/stealth approach/scooby silver is v.bright

-
most popular car colour in UK
high speed vis not good (go for red or blue)

Previous MY97 was Red - decided I couldn't face red again. Only good on Ferraris IMHO. Granted, Evo article on PPP did look good - and made me buy wagon with PPP (the power of journalism). Nearly got black as is undoubtedly best when gleaming - but not after 30 miles. Too much like hard work.
Old 27 August 2003, 09:11 PM
JimmyRB5PRO
Scooby Regular

no more wagon pics ??
Old 27 August 2003, 09:50 PM
RRH
Scooby Regular

Wink

Mine

simon
Old 27 August 2003, 11:45 PM
computerangel
Scooby Regular

Cool

MY03 Wagon with 18" 10 Spoke Prodrive
PPP
Forge VTA, K & N Typhoon kit,etc

Old 28 August 2003, 01:59 AM
Toonman1
Scooby Regular

I think WR Blue looks great on Sportswagons, and not so good on Saloons. Maybe it's just that I'm sick of it on 4drs... Nice car RRH.

Cheers
Old 28 August 2003, 09:21 AM
kentscooby2
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

ah ha - another person with towbar on wagon (see many previous derogatory threads on caravans etc). Looks fab in blue - take back what i said earlier.

Thinking of starting a select club for owners of WRX 03 PPP wagons WITH towbars - "the ultimate stealth wagons"! (and might buy a duffle coat whilst i'm at it)
Old 28 August 2003, 09:24 AM
RRH
Scooby Regular

Wink

mine ain't ppp if you know what i mean

towbar was cheaper than the reversing sensor. from memory the only thing they can tow (1200kg?) would be about the weight of a packet of silk cut

simon
Old 28 August 2003, 09:56 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

towbar was cheaper than the reversing sensor
ROTFLMAO - brilliant

Likewise, the above WR Blue wagon looks gooooood!
Old 28 August 2003, 09:58 AM
kentscooby2
Scooby Regular

or a ski boat
or friends' heavy family estate cars out of mud (twice)
or dodgy old army 1 ton trailer to avoid putting household/garden rubbish in your pristine boot.

then unhook above mentioned items and have a blast!
(actually 1st one unhooked itself the other day which was exciting - even at 5mph)
Old 28 August 2003, 10:05 AM
RRH
Scooby Regular

Do you reckon it would cope with a car trailer and my 205 track car?

Have been towing it with the freelander until now, and don't want to stress the wagon too much 'til its done more miles (having its 1k service this weekend).
Old 28 August 2003, 10:42 AM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Defo blue! Even my MY02 wagon with Morettes looks great in blue!
Old 28 August 2003, 11:25 AM
kentscooby2
Scooby Regular

I'm not an expert, and I'm sure someone else can give factual answer - but I don't see why not. Sure, the ideal towing vehicles are bigger/heavier - but 205 track car plus trailer can't weigh more than scooby - and power not a prob, and traction (the usual issue) not a worry.

That said - Freelander better. so why stress the Scoob. You wouldn't tow any quicker with the Scoob (prob slower). Unless of course you get to blat it on the track as well, having checked you've unhitched trailer of course.