ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

newbie needing help

Search this Thread

Old 26 August 2003, 04:02 PM
Jotsy
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok newbie here needing your help

i have been wanting to get a Subaru for quite a long time now, and i am torn between the 98/99 Impreza WRX STi-6 (Type-G) or the new WRX STi Spec-C... however, if i can find a hood that looks like the rally racing version then i'm sold on the Spec-C...

so my question is: is there anyplace where i can find this hood or does it not exist?

or

is there any particular reason why i should pick one over the other?
Old 26 August 2003, 04:18 PM
greasemonkey
Scooby Regular

ok newbie here needing your help
Okay, we'll try and go easy!

i have been wanting to get a Subaru for quite a long time now, and i am torn between the 98/99 Impreza WRX STi-6 (Type-G)
Eh? There's no such thing as a "98/99 Impreza WRX STi-6 (Type-G)"
The STi version 6's are MY2000 (STi5 is MY99 and STi4 is MY98), and they're available in Type R and Type RA flavours.

or the new WRX STi Spec-C... however, if i can find a hood that looks like the rally racing version then i'm sold on the Spec-C...
Hood? Bonnet? Roof scoop? Intercooler scoop?

so my question is: is there anyplace where i can find this hood or does it not exist?
Need to know what you're asking about. If you're referring to the roof scoops, you can get these from various places, although, to be honest, they're a pain in the a*** to fit, look very Max Power and not really practical on a road car.

If you're referring to the bonnet scoops, you can buy them from Subaru dealers as well as aftermarket suppliers.

If you mean the bonnet itself, with the extra air exit behind the front mount intercooler/radiator, you can buy these from the likes of Rallytech in carbon fibre for the bugeye (MY01-02) shape, and I presume you'll also be able to get them for the MY03 at some point in time.

is there any particular reason why i should pick one over the other?
Yes. This is a "piece of string" question - you really need to be more specific as to what you're looking for from the car.

[Edited by greasemonkey - 8/26/2003 4:19:17 PM]
Old 29 August 2003, 09:38 PM
Jotsy
Scooby Newbie

ok sorry about that. That first post was made in quite a cut-an-past hurry. so now in more detail:

I am looking at 2 models mainly. the MY2000 model and the newest one (MY2004 if i am not mistaken). I am looking at the 4 door version for both.

For the MY2000 i am looking at the STi6 Type RA in particular. But first i want to ask about the P1. the P1 is basically just a Japanese spec car for the UK right? what model in Japan exactly? the type RA?

I ask because i will be moving to Brunei (South East Asia - a lot closer to Japan) in about a year or so. Therefore i will most prob be getting my car from Japan (rather than from a dealer in UK)

For the MY2004 i am looking at the STi (8 is it?) spec C.

now, question: out of the 2 (STi6 type RA or STi8 spec C), which is "better" or which would you prefer (looks aside)? i am mainly looking for comparisons in handling, speed, sound, features (like adjustable differentials an stuff like that) and ride comfort.

another question (this is regarding the MY2004/STi8 only): is there anywhere where i can find a hood/bonnet or even a mod for the hood/bonnet that resembles the rally racing hood shown here:

http://www.carenthusiast.com/subaru/subaru_imprezawrc2003_sweden_tm_09.jpg

Or does it not exist at all?