ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

bulletin board question

Search this Thread

Old 09 May 2000, 05:48 PM
JasonPaul
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello,

I hope this isnt considered out of order as it isnt a subaru related question..

I have been reading this for about a week now, and think it is absolutely brilliant. I was wondering if anyone was aware of a similar user group for Lamborghini owners, as I have searched but am unable to find anything? It would be really good to find a similar 'community'!

sorry if this is an imposition, or against rules

thanks
Jason
Old 09 May 2000, 05:54 PM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

Not a problem, I am not aware of any such thing being setup for Lambo owners unfortunately, although we have at least one member that owns one Have you tried speaking to the importers of Lambo, to see if they are aware of any online owners clubs ???
Old 10 May 2000, 09:55 AM
JasonPaul
Scooby Newbie

Ian,

Thankyou for your reply. I have spoken to Lamborghini UK and also High Performance Imports, but they seem a little unaware of the whole area to be honest. I dont think that most of the UK lamborghini owners I know are very 'IT literate' either! (myself included!). It seems likely then that there isnt a group, which is a shame....

Does the owner you mentioned use this bulletin board?

thanks anyway
Jason

Old 10 May 2000, 11:03 AM
Mike Rainbird
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dear Jason,
Yes, his pseudonym is "Nightmare", if you put anything on the board mentioning Lambos in the title you will attract his attention!
LOL
Mike
Old 10 May 2000, 02:52 PM
JasonPaul
Scooby Newbie

Nightmare uses this board?? I suppose that I should have guessed really...though I havent seen a post by him??

Nightmare - if you read this, please reply!

Is it a pseudonym?? After seeing him fight I thought it was rather fitting (sorry)!

thanks again
Jason
Old 10 May 2000, 03:11 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Jason,
Perhaps you could ask pistonheads to set up an area for Lamborghinis. They were very accomodating when this BBS was down.

Geezer
Old 10 May 2000, 10:41 PM
Nightmare
Scooby Regular

AMAZING!!!! I nearly fell off my chair when I saw who had posted.... You dont mean that someone has actually shown you what a computer is do you?? ha ha

Anyway....in response to your question...Im fairly sure there isnt anything about for Lambo owners, and if Im totally honest, I dont think it would work. I have thought about what makes this board so successful, and I feel that part of it is down to the wide appeal that Subaru offers. The owners come from all age groups, sexes and professions and are genuine driving enthusiasts on the whole. Without wanting to sound unkind, some of the Lamborghini owners are status driven, most are not exactly the worlds most 'mingling' types and there are only a couple hundred tops in the UK. It would be great to have this sort of community, but I doubt it would be as good as this one. (which is real credit to Ian and John et al) - I would be very interested if anyone else has an opinion on this??

Im sure us Subaru owners wont mind if a lowly tractor owner wants to contribute from time to time!!!

sorry I cant be more positive, but this is such a great group of people (with very few exceptions (Diablo, Mike, Stef ) I dont think you need another group...

cheers
Night